Forum

Comp.tf - New Site

Created 30th May 2016 @ 22:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Kaneco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih9wn6niK2o

http://comp.tf/site/283/welcome-to-the-new-comp-tf/

This is something that has been in the works for months now, ever since last year I’ve been reaching out to people to test the waters for this idea. I actually got in contact with Buttnose way before thespire was launched so we could work on the project together, but he wanted to remain independent so it didnt work out in the end. I wanted to expand the project nonetheless so I decided to continue with the idea I had and here it is.

The aim with the site is to offer a place of discussion and coverage for everything comp tf2,from Highlander to 6v6, from Prem to Open. Since tftv stopped covering lower divisions and other gamemodes I’ve felt this was a huge open market ready to be explored with such a huge and diverse community. And we want to fill that void. That is our premise.

So here it is. I wont get much more into it because the last few weeks have been hell preparing all of this while juggling other responsibilities and I just want to finally get it out to the world. Best you visit the site and see for yourself.

Last edited by Kaneco,

NeuTronas

So basically it just copied idea to cover more divs from thespire.tv?

Last edited by NeuTronas,

Kaneco

Quoted from NeuTronas

So basically it just copied idea to cover more divs from thespire.tv?

That’s the most insulting way of putting it yeah.

Last edited by Kaneco,

letto

design is lacking contrast, it makes it harder to navigate cause it takes more effort to differentiate between the sidebars etc., also light gray scripture on white background is hard to read
on the content:
forums – do we need another site with almost the same structure as tftv?
news coverage – the more coverage of comp tf2 the better, i don’t see any downside to having both this site and thespire

it’s nice to see someone commit time and effort to our little community, good initiative overall and i hope this doesn’t just die out very quickly

Kaneco

Quoted from letto

design is lacking contrast, it makes it harder to navigate cause it takes more effort to differentiate between the sidebars etc., also light gray scripture on white background is hard to read
on the content:
forums – do we need another site with almost the same structure as tftv?
news coverage – the more coverage of comp tf2 the better, i don’t see any downside to having both this site and thespire

it’s nice to see someone commit time and effort to our little community, good initiative overall and i hope this doesn’t just die out very quickly

Thanks for the input. I wanted something more color neutral and minimalistic and thespire because I think their color scheme didnt work out very well (it’s hard on the eyes IMO) and I thought this color scheme was much more user friendly, you’re partly right on the contrast tho, it’s something to be improved in the future probably.

As I said on tftv regarding the forum, I didn’t want to have generic wordpress comments, and I wanted to have a small place for discussion, after I saw thespire forum, I noticed it was a bit lackluster (bbpress, which I initially also implemented) I decided we needed a bit more than that. I found this really good platform that integrates apparently very well with wordpress and decided to give it a try and it ended up being much more amazing that I expected and I planned a full fledged forum around it. I think it’s really user friendly and it has a lot of really cool features like PMs, reactions, activity feed, extra customizable and formatting options. So Im really happy with that. I know tftv is already the “to-go” forum for discussing competitive, but theres still a bit of segregation from other gamemodes and we want to be accepting of all of them and hope it can bring some activity to our forum.

NeuTronas

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

That’s the most insulting way of putting it yeah.

I did not want to insult. I just thought these two websites could’ve merged then.

I like bright colours design much better than the dark one. If it will cover more ETF2L 6v6 tiers than thespire (mid and open too) then I would find it way more useful and attractive to visit more often. Competition between two sites is always welcome.

Kaneco

Quoted from NeuTronas

[…]
I did not want to insult. I just thought these two websites could’ve merged then.

I like bright colours design much better than the dark one. If it will cover more ETF2L 6v6 tiers than thespire (mid and open too) then I would find it way more useful and attractive to visit more often. Competition between two sites is always welcome.

Just felt a bit harsh to simply put it as a copy of thespire considering I said in my OP this idea was born before thespire existed and I even talked to buttnose. It’s all good tho.

We will try to cover all gamemodes from all scenes, all depends on the range of contributors/writers, we have

Add A Reply Pages: 1