Created 26th December 2015 @ 05:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Digresser

|HIGA|

eXtv and evlTV in association with BlackOut TV present:
ETF2L and UGC Highlander Showmatch Series: The Mapmakers’ Showcase #1

Teams: ETF2L’s Highpander vs UGC’s Dunning-Kruger Effect
Casters: Mario and CeeJaey with Dashner on twitch.tv/evltv
Maps: Fubar’s cp_vanguard_rc5 and Fubar & BobbleBobbler’s pl_barnblitz_pro7 (and *maybe* their koth_product_r8 too)

This is the first time these versions of Vanguard and Barnblitz have been played in Highlander. Fubar and BubbleBobbler will be on hand in the chat to answer questions and receive feedback. Fubar will also be interviewed and taking questions on stream during the intermission.

Match format:

[*]Round 1: Vanguard EU server – 1st to 5 or most points at 30 min
[*]Round 2: Barnblitz EU server (EU RED, NA BLU then swap)
[*]15 minute interview with Fubar while the teams swap
[*]Round 3: Barnblitz NA server (NA RED, EU BLU then swap)
[*]Round 4: Vanguard NA server – 1st to 5 or most points at 30 min
[*]Round 5: Product – server all players had the best average ping to – first to 3 (OPTIONAL: based on time & if the teams want to play it)
[*]Postmatch interviews and wrap-up

Whitelist: available at http://whitelist.tf/5113

Here’s how the showmatch will differ from the whitelists ETF2L and UGC are currently using:

[*]The Phlogistinator is banned in ETF2L and will be allowed.
[*]The Soda Popper, Sandman, Beggar’s Bazooka, Loch-n-Load, and Short Circuit are banned in UGC and will be allowed.
[*]The Reserve Shooter is banned in both leagues and will be allowed.
[*]The Pomson 6000 is allowed in ETF2L and will be banned.
[*]The Machina is allowed in both leagues and will be banned.

Although UGC’s Highlander Season 18 whitelist is not yet finalized, UGC has confirmed that the Baby Face’s Blaster, the Loose Cannon, and the Enforcer will all be unbanned.

The Reserve Shooter unlock is settle discussion as to whether or not its recent changes (and the recent changes for the Pyro) balance it enough for Highlander play. The Machina ban is to test a player-proposed UGC whitelist request. The Pomson 6000 ban is due to its invisible particles glitch (when the beams are fired through a friendly players, the beam becomes invisible to all but those two players).

Betting and Donations:

Saloon.tf will be covering the Showmatch on their website.

If the kinks get worked out in time, viewers will also have the opportunity to donate to ETF2L or UGC with rival totals and messages appearing on screen.

Here’s a lovely promo image made by Jesseh: http://i.imgur.com/SBmmX78.jpg?1

Last edited by Digresser,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

what do i get when we win??? no prizes??? fuck you hildreth

also bubblebobbler is a terrible mapper, please stop supporting him or he will bring about an end to tf2

Last edited by Muuki,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Muuki

what do i get when we win??? no prizes??? fuck you hildreth

The prize is you get to play Medic for me.

Useless

TC.Noobas

Shit maps with even worse unlock choices, what more could one ask for!

Goreston

Quoted from Useless

Yeah, fuck everyone involved in putting on this free entertainment for me!

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Don’t see anything bad about unlock choices, although banning Machina is kind of silly when you just should never even stay in straight line with your allies in sniper sightlines, let alone even be in them in the first place.

Good choice to allow weapons like Soda Popper and Loch-n-Load however, those things are not OP at all by any chance and still remain banned in UGC, yet I hardly have ever seen them making any difference in Highlander.

Lurkki

SCOOPER
MUUMIT

Quoted from Muuki

what do i get when we win??? no prizes???

you can throw the match as it’s not covered by the ETF2L rules

Meeto

Quoted from Useless

You could always organise your own showmatches.

as a forewarning, we went with a spawn system change in this version that’s pretty experimental – if it turns out to be bad/heavily disliked, we’ll revert to the old system or something similar so, if the consensus in generally negative, don’t use that judgement coming into the next season

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from Bloodis

Don’t see anything bad about unlock choices, although banning Machina is kind of silly when you just should never even stay in straight line with your allies in sniper sightlines, let alone even be in them in the first place.

Good choice to allow weapons like Soda Popper and Loch-n-Load however, those things are not OP at all by any chance and still remain banned in UGC, yet I hardly have ever seen them making any difference in Highlander.

Machina also makes 174dmg bodyshots and in payload maps you barely need noscopes,its kinda direct update but none uses it

draltoady

EU

Quoted from Bloodis

weapons like Soda Popper and Loch-n-Load however, those things are not OP at all by any chance and still remain banned in UGC, yet I hardly have ever seen them making any difference in Highlander.

remember when the scout was immune to explosive classes and almost untouchable by hitscan?

mm good times
it’s not like increasing the scout’s mobility and firepower while removing the need to hard commit to 1v1s except when you can start flying unbalances the class or anything

Last edited by draltoady,

RTC

Quoted from draltoady

[…]

remember when the scout was immune to explosive classes and almost untouchable by hitscan?

mm good times
it’s not like increasing the scout’s mobility and firepower while removing the need to hard commit to 1v1s except when you can start flying unbalances the class or anything

You do realise there’s one of the best weapons in the game called the Scattergun that the Scout cannot use whilst running Soda Popper, right?

And I think you’re grossly exaggerating the manoeuvrability advantage the Scout gets.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from RTC

[…]

You do realise there’s one of the best weapons in the game called the Scattergun that the Scout cannot use whilst running Soda Popper, right?

And I think you’re grossly exaggerating the manoeuvrability advantage the Scout gets.

And sodapopper ever only was good because of the autoreload bug wich was fixed

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from draltoady

[…]

mm good times

If the weapon is in fact so OP as you do say so, why did it see use in only 4 matches in Prem for this whole season? Why did every Scout also change back to the normal Scattergun after using Soda Popper then?

Only good thing about the whole weapon was the +reload bug, which, as said was fixed months ago already, so the weapon barely has any use anymore other than to do slightly higher jumps without Winger/Atomizer combo or to 2-shot someone from their backs if they really are unaware of people behind them and never even bother to check out for spies.

It honestly makes me sad to think that UGC bans weapons based on how fun it is to play against them, instead of banning weapons based on how overpowered they actually are.

We could just as well see tomorrow if Soda Popper is really overpowered as you do tell so, hopefully this whole match will be a blast in general.

Last edited by Bloodis,

Goreston

Honestly, I think the whitelist is pretty good. If it were up to me, the reserve shooter wouldn’t be on there, because I think it’s pretty much an upgrade from shotgun, but I reckon if I can just kill b4nny with it a couple of times he’ll get valve to nerf it, so it’s win-win.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »