Forum

demos.tf - automated stv uploading

Created 12th August 2015 @ 18:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Icewind

(FISH)
-Xe-

demos.tf is a project I have been working on over the last few months to make sharing and uploading of stv demos as simple as possible.

Uploading demos

It allows you to either manually upload an stv demo or use a sourcemod plugin to automatically upload any demo
recorded on the server.

Finding demos

Once demos are uploaded to the server they can be found trough the demos list which supports filtering on gametype, map and players or you can quickly get a list of all demos you played in or uploaded by logging in trough steam.

The site is mostly inspired by logs.tf and intends to do the for ease of access to stv demos as sites like logs.tf did for ease of access to logs.

Last edited by Icewind,

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

NOICE

How are you going to guarantee the demos will stay up after x time has passed? Demo storage isn’t cheap so how do we know they’re not going to be dumped after you’re bored / broke in a week?

Icewind

(FISH)
-Xe-

Quoted from kKaltUu

How are you going to guarantee the demos will stay up after x time has passed? Demo storage isn’t cheap so how do we know they’re not going to be dumped after you’re bored / broke in a week?

While I can’t guaranty that I can offer to store all demos forever for free forever I have a stable day job and don’t mind pocketing the cost for the foreseeable future.

If the costs do become to large for me I have some ideas I can use to alleviate the costs for me while still trying to provide the best service possible: allowing people to link their dropbox/gdrive/etc so they can store the demos themselves and deleting all demos I store myself after X days unless they’re donators for example.

letto

you could add a feature that allows donators to mark certain demos so they won’t be deleted because i think most people uploading demos don’t care what happens to them, they’re more useful for others to access

Pete_

PrettyGay

Good idea. This could be a big thing for the competetive community.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Tempted to enable this on serveme.tf, however:

* It would probably have to be an option per reservation, not everyone wants their STV demos accessible (esp. prem teams)
* serveme.tf generates a little under 10 gigabytes of demos per day xD

retz

Quoted from Arie

* It would probably have to be an option per reservation, not everyone wants their STV demos accessible (esp. prem teams)

I’m confused, doesn’t serveme already have a feature that allows people to download stv demos of servers they’ve played in?

ash

(Legend)
:D

Yes, but theyre only stored for like two weeks, and you can only download them when you have played in it – while demos.tf is public for everyone.

Selek

Dr. med.

Couldn’t you simply add an opt-out button, Arie?

ivan

TC

Quoted from Selek

Also i like demos.tf good idea +++++++

george

Quoted from Arie

Tempted to enable this on serveme.tf, however:

* serveme.tf generates a little under 10 gigabytes of demos per day xD

Would run out of space eventually (assuming Ice wants to store all the demos indefinitely).

Last edited by george,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from ash

Yes, but theyre only stored for like two weeks, and you can only download them when you have played in it – while demos.tf is public for everyone.

4 weeks, and yes, only if you played in it.

Quoted from Selek

Yes, but it also requires sourcemod, and that’s a donator-only feature.

JMaxchill

TFTV
PBS

Quoted from Arie

[…] Yes, but it also requires sourcemod, and that’s a donator-only feature.

How about an opt-in feature for donors?

Add A Reply Pages: 1