Forum

1v1 and 2v2 BBALL, ULTI and MGE League(s)

Created 18th June 2015 @ 01:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

a. larry

http://strawpoll.me/4663027/

I was thinking about making a full on league for 1v1 and/or 2v2 since I have a lot of free time over the next 5-6 months.

It would allow people to keen up and improve outside of your typical 6v6 and 9v9, but with a faster pace and faster games.
It wouldn’t be in a cup style – more like an actual league with a league table and points.

A few players seem fairly interested in playing, but I’d need some feedback from the community to see if I’d have enough signups and such.

The main gamemodes I were considering are MGE, BBALL and ULTIDUO. MGE and BBALL could be 1v1 or 2v2. Obviously it wouldn’t be big enough at the start to have all 3 so I’d need some feedback. I’m primarily interested in 1v1 MGE, any BBALL and ULTI.
I was also thinking of getting real 1v1 configs made for the league, and/or editing current 2v2 ones.

Please vote on strawpoll and feel free to comment your thoughts!

tfrue reddit thread @ http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/3a87yk/1v1_and_2v2_bball_ultiduo_and_mge_leagues/

My general idea WAS EU based but if there is enough NA interest I’m keen to set that up too!

Last edited by a. larry,

Would be well down for a 1v1 MGE league pls

robin

PRXSM

cool, hope to get medals for those

foungi

0fo
0FO

soap dm 4v4 with obligatory demoman thanks

a. larry

Quoted from robin

cool, hope to get medals for those

That isn’t really the point of it

robin

PRXSM

i know but medals make things more interesting. It can also be a good boost for tf2

spammyh

brew

Sounds pretty nice. I’d love to play 1v1 mge :)

Mundi

dogs.tf

idk might just turn out to be a stratt fest could be okey i guess

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

I´d be interested in this but also really prefer it to be hosted on/by ETF2L. Why don’t you want to become an admin or did you already reach out with your idea and were denied?

WML

Quoted from robin

i know but medals make things more interesting.

I.e. You just want more medals ::::::^^^^^^^))))))

.Constantine

(ETF2L Tomator)
(ノಠOಠ)ノ

I’ll !add 5 u irl if this won’t happen

Popcorp

Best choice is to become a MGE/BBALL/Ultiduo Admin and host everything on ETF2L, since this website already provides you with all the needed resources. Depending on the amount of participants, it might be a really stressful thing to do, as in: Making fixtures, Verifying scores, do IRC job, planning all the dates so that it doesn’t collide with 6v6/HL etc….So you will probably require an addition help from the other admins, but they might be reluctant to assist you with your idea, considering that they have their own stuff to take care of. So if you actually make it all work and the amount of interest will be quite high, you will need help from the others.

Good idea, if the poll gets enough votes for any of the formats I’ll pitch it to the rest of the admin team. Could run a few seasons of that to see if it pays off.

a. larry

Quoted from Popcorp

Best choice is to become a MGE/BBALL/Ultiduo Admin and host everything on ETF2L, since this website already provides you with all the needed resources. Depending on the amount of participants, it might be a really stressful thing to do, as in: Making fixtures, Verifying scores, do IRC job, planning all the dates so that it doesn’t collide with 6v6/HL etc….So you will probably require an addition help from the other admins, but they might be reluctant to assist you with your idea, considering that they have their own stuff to take care of. So if you actually make it all work and the amount of interest will be quite high, you will need help from the others.

I don’t want to be an admin. If ETF2L doesn’t do the league and just does cups, I’m happy to put the work in to do a league myself. Obviously I’ll try and get some other, smarter people onboard, who can help me with coding etc. Thanks anyway!

Quoted from kKaltUu

Good idea, if the poll gets enough votes for any of the formats I’ll pitch it to the rest of the admin team. Could run a few seasons of that to see if it pays off.

Cool! Keep me in the loop if possible – if ETF2L doesn’t pick it up I’ll try and sort something myself.

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

would be so fucking up for that
#raptain

Also if you want your whitelists just go on whitelist.tf, easy made whitelists

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »