Forum

TF2Center Update: Advanced Lobbies!

Created 11th June 2015 @ 12:14

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 19 Next »

Marty

lala

Many players on TF2Center find it frustrating when their teammates aren’t joining Mumble, when their teammates aren’t giving it their best and especially when their teammates intentionally fool around instead of having a serious attitude. On one hand, it’s a game, and on the other, it’s an e-sport.

Launched today after a lot of development and anticipation, Advanced Lobbies are now playable on TF2Center! Advanced Lobbies are lobbies that are meant for semi-experienced players, who find joy in playing a lobby with their gameface on, and where all their teammates are ready and backing them up.

Only a certain amount of people will have access to Advanced Lobbies right off the bat though. They must either be experienced in playing Competitive TF2 (ETF2L Mid or higher, UGC Steel or higher), or they get access if they are in the top 20% of tf2playerrankings.com, and lastly, exemplary behaviour on TF2Center (previous bans are taken into account) can also give one access to Advanced Lobbies.

After being approved for Advanced Lobbies, the player must set up the small monthly payment of just 1€ per month(keys are also accepted) – note that donators are excluded from this fee. Not only does this slightly make a stronger level of commitment from the players themselves, but with that money we will sponsor community projects like logs.tf and tf2pug.me, leagues, teams, prize money for cups and tournaments or even a community LAN!

For all the information, all the know-how and to sign up, please visit http://tf2center.com/al

TF2Center’s Marty

Dennia

FAINT

Very g00d

Netsky

not too keen about the payment, the main idea however is good.

RTC

Why is there payment when you can essentially get the same thing for free on TF2Pickup or spreadsheet mixes? The only difference is that advanced lobbies are going to be more common, but of poorer quality.

BeS

ceo

Yeah I will SURELY pay for a lobby!

MS

0fo
0FO

I personally feel that higher div players (high tier/ugc gold/plat) should be given free access, as they are the audience that I assume TF2Center is targeting with this. The pay to play feature only decreases the amount of high level players that will play it.

However I do understand that some of the lower level players might find that unfair, just my input on this, as I would not be willing to pay.

drew

-Xe-

Quoted from BeS

Yeah I will SURELY pay for a lobby!

why not? its 1$ for month, i`m sure you spend more everyday on other shit, so why not pay 1$ for whole month? on thing that you can do few times a week

WML

€12 a year isn’t exactly asking for too much. I’d be happy to pay (once school is over) ;))))))

WML

Speaking of which can you choose how many months you pay for or is it segmented (i.e. every 3 months)?

Oxy

TC.Express

Main concern is the split between normal lobbies and advanced lobbies causing longer wait times for everyone. It’s already a problem for me at least compared to other games since TF2 has a comparatively small comp player base.

Will probably either work well or be a complete flop.

Last edited by Oxy,

sorsa

mooz

Pickups are basically advanced lobbies.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Marty

… or they get access if they are in the top 20% of tf2playerrankings.com, and lastly, exemplary behaviour on TF2Center (previous bans are taken into account) can also give one access to Advanced Lobbies.

So straight off the bat, it’s meant for semi-experienced players or players that behave well. Already players which are not experienced are allowed into this ‘advanced’ lobby system just because they behave well (while I don’t play lobbies often – I assume this includes a hefty amount of players). I understand the desire to reward people who behave well – but I don’t like this solution personally. Essentially you’ve created an alternative for more experienced players, and then you’re adding non-experienced players to it.

Secondly lobbies will now be full of people trying to stat whore these rankings, while the rankings are good for a bit of ego boosting, they do not translate into a skill level. Allowing the top 20% really doesn’t mean it’s the best 20% of players.

20% is also much too high in my opinion, this is every 1 in 5 players on the website. If you want these advanced lobbies to actually be advanced I would think you would need a lot less players. Bearing in mind that not everyone in the top 20% will pay for it, but still. Only time will tell how many players sign up for it.

I think in the current state you’re describing I can’t imagine it being a significantly better playing experience, and more importantly I don’t think it will rival TF2Pickup.net for the majority of the ETF2L userbase (although perhaps more active).

Lithium

Since doublemixes are >mid, easy to access, working well since a few days AND FREE, I can’t really see the point here. Plus TF2Pickups.

Clearly it was a good idea (except for the payment part), but clearly you’ve been bamboozled.

I think the core problem of lobbies is the Mumble option. Every match on TF2 should be runned with Mumble for every player.

Menty

myx
Nein

Access Denied
Sorry, but you are unable to log in to TF2Center.
Reason: Toucan final ban
Expires: 2025-06-05
For more details, visit our ban forums.

:(

Useless

TC.Noobas

Why would I play advanced lobbies over tf2pickup? Like, what extra services do you provide that they don’t already have for free?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 19 Next »