Forum

BlackOut Gaming is no more (BlackOut TV will live on)

Created 17th December 2014 @ 09:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Jon

ETF

So here comes the end of an era with BlackOut Gaming. We’ve all had some greats laughs and fun from 2011 til now but its time to say goodbye.

I’ll keep this short for reasons; simply administrators leaving and a declining player base has lead to the closure of the community. :(

All the servers and websites have been closed now (RIP) so don’t worry when you can’t access them.

BlackOut TV will function as it always has (:D) but will act like an independent org from BlackOut Gaming now. Your highlander coverage will be stronger!

Thanks for all the fish,
Jon
ex-BoG Senior Admin

Last edited by Jon,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Could’ve made it a bit clearer in the steam announcement, made me think something bad suddenly happen to Mikey.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

/Scared…

Whew.

Sorry to hear the death of a great community for ETF2L, but with you still here Jon with the same drive as before I can only see it getting better.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

BlackOut TV was pretty much always a separate entity from the rest of BlackOut anyway. The player base was already declining when we started that up (as well as sponsoring several ETF2L seasons) as a means to try and get more dedicated TF2 players in to have a more sustainable community. In the end though, the devotion wasn’t shared amongst the head admins of the community as they weren’t interested in competitive TF2. That’s not a criticism – in retrospect I did kind of shove it down their throats.

I think BlackOut Gaming would’ve died a long time ago if it wasn’t for Jon to be honest.

jakeowaty

No matter what people say, Jon is the only guy whose devotion towards streaming TF2 made BOTV surpass it’s root host. The name will stay because it’s a known brand (and you can’t change Twitch name either).

I’ll be happy to continue casting with BOTV (even though my casting is as always – shit).

The king is dead, long live the king.
edit: (also, hail Quickplay, the slayer of Communities)

Last edited by jakeowaty,

stephen

rip first game i ever played in hl was casted by bogtv in div 5 where i played for 30 seconds on stream stepping in, lovely job jon

Add A Reply Pages: 1