Forum

Wireplay - RIP old boy

Created 7th October 2014 @ 19:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

b0nes

[DA]
[DA]

You prob have not noticed nor are wondering what happened to wireplay but i best tell you anyway.

On Monday with minimal notice the parent company webfusion decided we was too much of a bottomless pit and turned off and removed all our servers from the datacentre. As a result all wireplay is now dead.

Some of us admins and others with a vested interest in the brand from over the years are attempting to get things back and we have been allowed to take the name and a few servers. Hopefully at some point we can make a come back but certainly for the time being wireplay is gone. Death of a thousand cuts for those who know the history. (Theres a bit on wiki but its not very complete if your interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:DashPod/Wireplay ).

Thanks for anyone who played with us over the years in whatever game, its been a blast.

b0nes – the final wireplay cl

Last edited by b0nes,

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

Thanks, had a couple of really fun seasons in Wireplay!

Fuxx

REMOVE

RIP

Menty

SVIFT
Nein

Thanks alot for everything ;w;

BAITO

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

;_;

Kaneco

damn…

Do they just pull the cord like that? No questions asked? Are u thinking about rebuilding or hosting it again? or is this the end of an era?

That’s sad to hear :(
Had some of my best times in the Wireplay seasons, sad to see it go. Appreciate all the effort you put into it b0nes.

Joshi

haha

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Let’s have a moment of silence

nabique

Ki11ERS.PRO

Thanks for everything, b0nes!

Can’t we host it on a community server? I don’t want to see this league die :(

I can offer hosting on my dedicated server if that’s what you need, and/or mumble/gameservers to support it. Never like to see community things die.

b0nes

[DA]
[DA]

hopefully we will get the league site back up eventually, even if its just for an archive, thanks for the nice words :)

stephen

rip wireplay was fun

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Really enjoyed my time on Wireplay, so many good games and memories. My favourite is the 7v7 league with LTG or the season before last for Highlander. All great times, credit to b0nes and co. for keeping it alive for so long and allowing for good times even if it didn’t become as popular as one might have hoped.

RIP

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »