Forum

Wireplay Highlander S12 Signups Open

Created 8th February 2014 @ 22:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Popcorp

Maybe try Summer version of Arctic, because it’s not going to be Winter anymore?
http://etf2l.org/forum/maps/topic-26899/

:)

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from Enders Flame

I’ve always enjoyed foundry. It seems i’m literally the only one! It seems it’s so bad, people can’t even articulate why.

Mostly the last point Enders. It’s more hell to push into than Gully or Process. Probably the lack of having any ability to peak and get a lay of the land if properly defended.

I mean otherwise you have a team that steamrolls and pins you in spawn until the points get capped up to last.

But I forget, I can’t articulate why Foundry is bad so I won’t talk about second point.

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

Quoted from Popcorp

Maybe try Summer version of Arctic, because it’s not going to be Winter anymore?
http://etf2l.org/forum/maps/topic-26899/

:)

Cool!

.zero

-chess-

Att/Def CP map? Steel prefered.

Congrats Wireplay on having the balls to pick out unchecked or less familiar maps, however that might backfire. Some of the maps you proposed were already tried and weren’t received well.

However, don’t listen to me, if I play this season I’ll give all those maps a new try. :)

pewpewpew

unu

Quoted from Enders Flame

I’ve always enjoyed foundry. It seems i’m literally the only one! It seems it’s so bad, people can’t even articulate why.

You and me brotha!

Zimmer

Quoted from Rob!

[…]

aye yeh dont get rid of warmfront. In my opinion, ditch one of the custom koths for viaduct or lakeside.

Please viaduct. There can’t be a proper season without that beauty.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Zimmer

[…]

Please viaduct. There can’t be a proper season without that beauty.

Yes there can

b0nes

[DA]
[DA]

I think its just a nice idea to try and play some slightly different maps if possible. For the last few seasons HL league maps haven’t changed much.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Enders Flame

The many hours I spent statemating point 2 and 3 should be clear enough.

To humour you though:

It’s impossible (nearly) to get through that area without using uber, too easy and chokey for the enemy team to back off so you use uber to gain one small area with uber advantage, going back to having uber disadvantage where their team can do the same and re-rake lost ground only to be stuck in the same position again because pushing into a huge middle point or huge 2nd point isn’t viable due to the size and ease to defend it from the other side of the point and how easy it is to retreat to superior positions and hold points and use your respawns.

Last point has broken sightlines through gaps in the window that make peeking the area towards pushing it difficult as a sniper has a position he can stand where it is extremely difficult to deny him vision with spam/shooting him due to the cover he is awarded. If that is fixed then pushing last isn’t too bad, the little small things that make it difficult are not any worse than any other map.

2nd point like mentioned, too big, too easy for snipers, very little cover and it awards people to hold high ground rather easily, too easy to hide combo and never be forced by suicides, too easy to force uber pushing into it.

Spawns are too big for pushing last.

It’s the size of each point plus the chokey nature of the between areas that make the map really stalematey, boring and dominated by snipers.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from b0nes

I think its just a nice idea to try and play some slightly different maps if possible. For the last few seasons HL league maps haven’t changed much.

I’m all for new maps but not ones we’ve done over and over and have been proven unpopular and disliked by the majority – Or to be blunter, they have failed. Foundry is one of them, Ashville/Coalplant (same bad design, same result), Arctic – though a summer one may fix the fps issues with the maps, but won’t fix a lot of other qualms.

Warmfront was a map that was pretty good but required some fixes with sightlines and making last easier to push…etc. So a newer version of it that may be more enjoyable wouldn’t be a bad choice but a completely unaltered version of Foundry, a map that was found to be pretty bad to play and watch? No thank you.

This new PL map, I forget it’s name but I don’t mind the idea of it, if it’s new and untested but if it’s like Goldrush it probably won’t be very uh, popular/good. You can’t judge, but you should not be afriad to try new maps. Borneo is one that is consistently updated as the map maker is working closely with Vhalin to develop it so it’d be a good option for an untried map.

No viaduct but Coalplant though? Just silly, pick the best maps for each gamemode at least once, then if you have to repeat maps and you want something new – pick the new map, but don’t do anymore than one or two newer maps a season.

Last edited by Hildreth,

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

This new PL map, I forget it’s name but I don’t mind the idea of it, if it’s new and untested but if it’s like Goldrush it probably won’t be very uh, popular/good. You can’t judge, but you should not be afriad to try new maps. Borneo is one that is consistently updated as the map maker is working closely with Vhalin to develop it so it’d be a good option for an untried map.

At the first stage of pl_angkor the defending demoman can stand inside the Blue spawn.

Yeah koth_warmtic should be used. Link to it http://etf2l.org/forum/maps/topic-26899/

And there is a newer version of warmfront called warmerfront.
The final version should be out on wednesday? http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11032-cp-warmerfront

Last edited by Toba,

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Been testing some warmerfront, its definately not as pretty as it used to be, with those big ugly industrial buildings at mid…might have a scrim on it later to see if its actually better

Last edited by Rob!,

b0nes

[DA]
[DA]

played coalplant and warmerfront last night. coalplant seemed ok, admittedly with fps drops but certainly not unplayable. warmerfront seemed decent and fine to play.

coalplant will get blitzed this week because of ugc so we will see how it does.

I will consider changing foundry but not sure about gully/process. The thing about HL is that its different, if you just end up playing the same maps season on season it will become stale like 6s has.

Enders Flame

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

The many hours I spent statemating point 2 and 3 should be clear enough.

To humour you though:

Cheers!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »