Forum

The Awesome Cup - Jan 26th - 5pmUK/6pmCET Start!

Created 18th January 2014 @ 00:14

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

ROLL UP, ROLL UP, The Awesome Cup #2’s Sign Up’s Are Now OPEN!

Trailer: http://youtu.be/xHjlxR_rmAs
Courtesy of Suyooo from Extv.

With the success of the last Awesome Cup, we have decided to host one again. But this time, its bigger, better & louder with high stake’s, high reward. For the teams that joined us for the last cup, you’ll notice that this time we have done things a little differently. Allow me to explain.

The Awesome Cup#2 is a one day Highlander Cup event. Being hosted on Sunday, January the 26th 2014. Sign ups open on Friday 17th (today) and will close on Thurs 23rd.
Teams can sign up via the Team-Awesome! homepage over at http://www.teamawesomegaming.co.uk/
You’ll find the Team Sign Up page under The Awesome Cup drop down menu.

It is being sponsored by the Team-Awesome! community this time, but we are hoping to one day get other sponsors behind it and get it in to an annual thing for comp tf2.

€270 for the winning team and €135 for the runner up, courtesy of T-A!
The winnings will be bank transferred to the leader of the team, he/she will then distribute it to their team however they like.

Here is a layout of the tournament: http://challonge.com/awesomecup2
Place holder names at the moment, but they will be replaced with teams once sign up’s are complete.

It’s a knock-out cup consisting of 24 teams. There are slots reserved for each etf2l division skill level to participate.

Ideally there will be:
2x Div6 Slots
2x Div5 slots
4x Div4 Slots
4x Div3 Slots
4x Div2 Slots
4x Div1 Slots
4x Prem Slots

But this all depends on what teams sign up.

We’re trying to recreate the old legendary Community Fortress tournament, that everyone always talks of, still even to this day, as being one of the best tournaments ever for Europe.

Round 1 is a ‘prove yourself’ round. To give lowbie teams a chance to win the money and take on the big boys, you need to prove yourselves! Low teams will play each other to win in order to secure a slot. Higher division teams will get an automatic bye to the second round where they take on the proven lowbies.
This way every team entered gets to play for the chance to win the money and take the crown but we minimize potential rolls down to just 1 round, making a much more intense and harder to predict cup. Which is good for viewers… speaking of which! Extv will be casting the entire tournament live over on http://www.twitch.tv/extvesports
We’re aiming to bring the best action to your screens so once you’re knocked out, you can still enjoy the action!

And to add a little bit more fun to the spectating, I (Rob) will be hosting a betting service using tf2 metal which will be unveiled once sign ups close and the competing teams are set in stone. We’ve done this lots before and its a great way of getting you really involved and cheering for your chosen team to potentially win you some tf2 dosh.

Maps & Times:
Round 1 – 5pmGMT/6pmCET – Games: BO1 – Rounds: BO5 – koth_lakeside
Round 2 – 5:45pmGMT/6:45pmCET – Games: BO1 – Rounds: Point Difference of 5 – cp_warmfront
Round 3 – 6:30pmGMT/7:30pmCET – BO1 – Fastest Cap wins – pl_upward
Semifinals – 7:15pmGMT/8:15pmCET – BO1 – Fastest Cap wins – cp_steel
Finals – 8pmGMT/9pmCET – Games: BO3 – Teams Pick Maps from a select pool. Goes to 3 if 1-1.

Using the ETF2L Highlander Ruleset.
Its single elimination, so once a team is knocked out, its tough luck. The show must go on!
Each team gets a 10 minute default win rule apart from in the finals. Each team can only pause once, and the maximum time for a pause is 4 minutes. Failure to comply will result in your team getting a default loss and exiting the cup.
We have to be strict with times so that the cup is kept on time for casting purposes! Sorry!

So head over to http://www.teamawesomegaming.co.uk/ and sign your team up for a chance at winning The Awesome Cup!

Last edited by Rob!,

droso

o/

That’s very unfortunate timing since another invite cup (for all prem teams) is going to be played on the same day, as far as I’m aware. :<

Last edited by droso,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from droso

That’s very unfortunate timing since another invite cup (for all prem teams) is going to be played on the same day, as far as I’m aware. :<

I wish good TF2 events would be scheduled around eachother…

Dennia

FAINT

Quoted from droso

Highlander ;D

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

aye yeh, we’ve had it booked on this date for a long while, we’ve changed our real life plans so we can admin it and extv will find it hard to cast an eu cup on another weekend.

I think we should be fine though, already have quite a few sign ups

droso

o/

Quoted from Dennia

[…]

Highlander ;D

nvm

Last edited by droso,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from droso

#spoiler

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

For the people who have been asking, last year we had 2 skill brackets, higher and lower. 6 teams in each.

Jan 13th 2013, last years results were;
Higher:
1st Pick Up The Paste
2nd Fair Enough
3rd Itsallgood
4th Ozmos
5th Team-Awesome!
6th GFM

Lower:
1st Team-Awesome#2
2nd Equipe
3rd Team Team
4th Playstuff
5th GFM: DTM
6th Killer Sandviches

Last edited by Rob!,

Henghast

open
bobs

Sounds like a fun idea. Great work organising it hopefully there’ll be plenty of sign ups.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Awesome by name…

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

T-A! actually stands for Team-Average!

sometimes team anal

quell

UbeR |

gonna be good, great initiative rob!

Candle

looking forward to this

Payne

Quoted from Rob!

sometimes team anal

back in the days

nowadays we worship our God Cortez, who decided to call us A-T! (anal team)

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Nice cup, some good teams entering, thanks for hosting it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »