Forum

Scrim.TF Open Beta

Created 12th November 2013 @ 23:09

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Leif

Seems nice. Hopefully I will test it in the next days.
I still dont get why is needed to register if you use Steam login too though but whatever.

CHERRY

I don’t use steam login.
Sign in through Steam is used only during registration to get player’ssteamid, avatar and div.

And please stop asking me on Steam about it. I won’t implement logging in through Steam, because bot and web part doesn’t use the same session. There were times when nobody heard about OpenID and people lived without it.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from CHERRY

I don’t use steam login.
Sign in through Steam is used only during registration to get player’ssteamid, avatar and div.

And please stop asking me on Steam about it. I won’t implement logging in through Steam, because bot and web part doesn’t use the same session. There were times when nobody heard about OpenID and people lived without it.

but it’s soooooo convenient.

CHERRY

We will be playing tommorow at 20:00 CET

Mother Tereza

Quoted from CHERRY

I don’t use steam login.

Amusing logic. There were times when nobody heard about gasoline engines and people lived without them. Should we start to use steam engines again?

Spike Himself

TC

“Please type in your username and password and press send to register.”

Nothing happens when I press ‘Send’. The screen just sits there.

When I open up the firebug console, I can see that a POST is sent which gets the following response:
[0,"Your nickname contains illegal characters."]

Perhaps an idea to make that visible to the user? :)

After registering and pressing the steam button, I get to see an error about some connection that failed. Not sure what exactly it said, because a second later it does forward to the steam login page.

Also something else entirely; when I hit the back button in my browser after having opened some pages on your site, suddenly instead of going back to the previous page, it sends me back to the steam login page. I know this is because I’m not actually browsing between pages on your site (it just hides/shows divs), but it is confusing ^^

Between doing all that and writing this post, I have already been logged out :( Perhaps you can extend the session length?
edit; in fact, just reloading the page logs me out o.O

Last edited by Spike Himself,

CHERRY

Quoted from Mother Tereza

[…]

Amusing logic. There were times when nobody heard about gasoline engines and people lived without them. Should we start to use steam engines again?

No, you should stop using openid everywhere and let facebook, google and steam now whenever you’re accessing another page.

Gasoline engines were improvement, but OpenID isn’t.
Anyway I dropped this project as there wasn’t enough interest, but source code is up for grabs for anyone.

Last edited by CHERRY,

CHERRY

Quoted from Spike Himself

“Please type in your username and password and press send to register.”

Nothing happens when I press ‘Send’. The screen just sits there.

When I open up the firebug console, I can see that a POST is sent which gets the following response:
[0,"Your nickname contains illegal characters."]

Perhaps an idea to make that visible to the user? :)

After registering and pressing the steam button, I get to see an error about some connection that failed. Not sure what exactly it said, because a second later it does forward to the steam login page.

Also something else entirely; when I hit the back button in my browser after having opened some pages on your site, suddenly instead of going back to the previous page, it sends me back to the steam login page. I know this is because I’m not actually browsing between pages on your site (it just hides/shows divs), but it is confusing ^^

Between doing all that and writing this post, I have already been logged out :( Perhaps you can extend the session length?
edit; in fact, just reloading the page logs me out o.O

You are logged out because browser disconnects from websocket. It’s not some ajax thing.

EDIT: Here is source code in case anyone feels like finishing it: https://github.com/Kuba77/Scrim.TF

Last edited by CHERRY,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]

You are logged out because browser disconnects from websocket. It’s not some ajax thing.

EDIT: Here is source code in case anyone feels like finishing it: https://github.com/Kuba77/Scrim.TF

So, another abandoned project?

Angel

Quoted from Spike Himself

So, another abandoned project?

At least somebody have a chance to do really useful work except stupid mirroring maps.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Angel

[…]

At least somebody have a chance to do really useful work except stupid mirroring maps.

yeah fuck you spike

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Angel

[…]

Yes, that is all I do. Touché!

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Kasdeus

So you’re the person who bought this domain. I was looking at getting it and then the next day it was gone. Oh well, ya snooze ya lose :p

Mitchell

Any one want to do a 6s scrim (div 6 teams) on Wednesday 15 th at 4:30 (/BvtUk time) on Gully Wash, Add me if u want to talk.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

We need to make this the site every team uses to find scrims… it would be so beneficial to the community. With a couple of fixes and changes it would be perfect.

Last edited by Alfie,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »