TF2Center.com, from pub to competitive

Created 5th August 2013 @ 23:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 22 23 24 ... 33 Next »

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
Conflict of interests… lol, in a community this small and with sites with complete different target audiences… so sad…

Reminds me how my Comp.tf thread is locked on tf.tv for “spamming”.

I think it’s worth way more to keep tf2pickup as a friend than set bad blood with blocking the link in center’s chat.

Kaneco

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]
I think it’s worth way more to keep tf2pickup as a friend than set bad blood with blocking the link in center’s chat.

Sorry if it didnt come across perfectly but I was actually agreeing entirely with reservoir

Mother Tereza

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Sorry if it didnt come across perfectly but I was actually agreeing entirely with reservoir

Thank you very much for your valuable opinion. Now stop making this thread into one more discussion of tf2pickup.

HATE

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Mother Tereza

[…]

Thank you very much for your valuable opinion. Now stop making this thread into one more discussion of tf2pickup.

Foxy’s explanation for the chat throttling was that the user base needed to be built up – there is now a fairly constant level of about 500 people online.

The question raised is a good one, no need to get so salty about it.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Comp tf2 is much too small for rivalry. Promote everyone, imo.

quell

UbeR |

[…]

you should really shut up and let foxy do the talking, you’re not very good at this and isn’t that what you hired him for?

w3doe

Quoted from quell

[…]
you should really shut up and let foxy do the talking, you’re not very good at this and isn’t that what you hired him for?

give this man a cookie

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from fraac

Comp tf2 is much too small for rivalry. Promote everyone, imo.

HATE

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from quell

[…]

Seconded. Foxy’s handled this remarkably well – from reading the entire thread he’s the only one who’s actually answered without the spite or ego-tripping we’ve seen from Tereza and Masternoob.

Kaneco

[…]

I’m not making this into a tf2pickup discussion but the fact is that the competitive tf2 community is tiny compared to the big esport titles, and making this a competition between sites that serve the community (and don’t even target the same audience) is very sad. I am speaking out in favor of tf2pickup not because I am part of the team but because this is such a childish thing to happen in this community and I had the same happen to me already on another project.
Also if you can make the decisions to block things in chat you should be able to take the criticism that comes from it.

Mother Tereza

Quoted from quell

[…]

I’m so sorry, quell, I forgot to ask your permission to speak on this forum.

jayserp

Hi guys,

I just want to point out that some of the statements made here are not indicative of TF2Center staff policy.

We are working to foster a more open and welcoming community. We already have great members from ETF2L and Ozfortress working with us to drive involvement, we’ve also aimed to have tight integration with logs.tf and serveme.tf. We’re just about to announce an impending appearance on Kritzcast to talk about TF2Center and increasing the visibility of the competitive area as a whole.

Unfortunately in this case, the blacklisting system is a relic of the past when TF2Center was trying to gain the ground and momentum it needed to provide great lobbies for the community. We found that users were posting to other lobby sites direct join links, and as a result we were losing players from the site as they could simply click away and join another lobby.

We have a post in the members section of our forum to discuss a whitelist of acceptable sites that become clickable links that will be added to our next release. We feel that we are then able to offer protection to our users from phishing and spoofing sites, while maintaining the freedom of speech for people to post whatever they like. Our members and moderators will decide what goes in this list, and if someone wishes TF2Pickup to be on this list too, then I’m sure it will get suggested and added. This has already been discussed by our team several weeks ago and we think it is the best way forward.

Personally, I have played on TF2Pickup quite extensively last year and I think the guys there have done a lot of great work with it, so keep it up. We should probably get together one day and have a chat, because together we could probably build some great things!

Hope that clears things up, and look forward to seeing you on TF2Center – and occasionally TF2Pickup ;)

jayserp

Last edited by jayserp,

Edit: Added to Jays post instead

Last edited by foxy_dave,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from jayserp

We are working to foster a more open and welcoming community

http://i.imgur.com/IOnNj97.png

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]http://i.imgur.com/IOnNj97.png

The sooner they get rid of their egotistical moronic admins the better. Played over 900 lobbies on your site and you just treat us like shit. Shut our lobby with 16 people in it because an admin had a lobby open that wasn’t filling. Absolute dicks.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 22 23 24 ... 33 Next »