fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Yes.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from fraac

Should add class limt 1 for heavy, sniper, pyro and engi if using the etf2l config. Those aren’t enforced in the etf2l config only because everyone knows them, but lobbiers don’t.

TF2C doesn’t abide the ETF2L ruleset.
That said, it’s a good suggestion.

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]

TF2C doesn’t abide the ETF2L ruleset.
That said, it’s a good suggestion.

We do offer ETF2L configs actually. It’s just that ETF2L doesn’t impose restrictions in the cfg files. Presumably that’s for a reason, but it’s why they aren’t translated to TF2C configs at the moment.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I’m really liking tf2center so far, except that it’s very often easy to predict a 5-0 game by looking at the lineups. Stacking with friends is fun but there ought to be an option to balance teams.

There’s a thread here – http://forums.tf2center.com/topic/136-suggestion-rankingrating-system – but I don’t think your coders understand the problem. Automated picking of balanced teams is easy: you’re just trying to split up the best players out of 12 or 18, not compile an objective ranking of everyone.

If you say the worst solution is to randomly assign teams, and the best is to handpick them, and then you notice that random results in 5-0 around 40% of the time, and handpicked gives 5-0 around 20%, the conclusion you reach is that ANY SOLUTION IS FINE and the overriding factor is timeliness: this week is better than next week; this month is vastly better than next month. I’m struggling to explain this on the forum there.

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from foxy_dave

[…]

Ah, sorry. I hadn’t seen this until late last night and forgot to reply earlier today.

This was put in when we first went live, pretty much. At a time when we were trying to get our user base up, players were coming in and spamming TF2Lobby and TF2Pickup links constantly, which was drawing players away at a crucial time for us. We added chat throttling at the time (for all chat messages) and blocked some links.

We (or certainly I) then forgot this was in.

We spoke about this last night, and we’re going to be making some changes hopefully before the next deploy this weekend – Changing the blacklist (as is there currently) to a whitelist so phishing links and other suspect things are blocked, and allowing things as they come up. Once that’s in, we’ll look at adding common TF2 sites and other community sites.

Sorry being (probably) annoying…but our website seems to be still on the blacklist because the hyperlinks are not being transformed…

Mother Tereza

Quoted from LaMqTa

[…]

Sorry being (probably) annoying…but our website seems to be still on the blacklist because the hyperlinks are not being transformed…

Foxy pretty clear explained our policy. What do you want from us? Are we owed you something? We want to keep TF2C chat free from any ads especially from ads with conflict of interests.

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

Quoted from Mother Tereza

[…]

Foxy pretty clear explained our policy. What do you want from us? Are we owed you something? We want to keep TF2C chat free from any ads especially from ads with conflict of interests.

All is fine, don’t worry. I only was interested in the explanation, which I got.

Lame move Tereza if you ask me, can’t believe you actually have the guts to mark this as a conflict of interest or anything that has a vibe of stealing or unfair competition between these two sites. I wouldn’t say a word if we would be talking about for-profit sites/communities, but this is… sad.

No offense towards TF2 pickup, but they pose no threat towards TF2 Center, if anything because they are completely EU oriented with a slightly more competitive environment that doesn’t attract so many people.

Judging by your logic, ETF2L should ban topics and announcements that in any way involve ESEA, Wireplay, UGC and other competitions.

Last edited by Reservoir Dog,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

Lame move Tereza if you ask me, can’t believe you actually have the guts to mark this as a conflict of interest or anything that has a vibe of stealing or unfair competition between these two sites. I wouldn’t say a word if we would be talking about for-profit sites/communities, but this is… sad.

No offense towards TF2 pickup, but they pose no threat towards TF2 Center, if anything because they are completely EU oriented with a slightly more competitive environment that doesn’t attract so many people.

Judging by your logic, ETF2L should ban topics and announcements that in any way involve ESEA, Wireplay, UGC and other competitions.

Or, you know, wait until the site is launched?

We’ve got developers on it, and it’s pretty apparent that the link filter works. I’m sure Theresa doesn’t want to shoot ourselves in the feet by blocking tf2pickup’s links permanently.
OTOH it’s true that they try to cater a subset of our audience (where we’re still building features for). But please don’t try to make this bigger than it is.

Quoted from kKaltUu

I’m sure Theresa doesn’t want to shoot ourselves in the feet by blocking tf2pickup’s links permanently.

Not trying to criticize anyone’s work, but judging by his last post, that’s exactly how it sounded. If you do actually plan to allow it, ignore what I said.

Last edited by Reservoir Dog,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from fraac

I’m really liking tf2center so far, except that it’s very often easy to predict a 5-0 game by looking at the lineups. Stacking with friends is fun but there ought to be an option to balance teams.

There’s a thread here – http://forums.tf2center.com/topic/136-suggestion-rankingrating-system – but I don’t think your coders understand the problem. Automated picking of balanced teams is easy: you’re just trying to split up the best players out of 12 or 18, not compile an objective ranking of everyone.

If you say the worst solution is to randomly assign teams, and the best is to handpick them, and then you notice that random results in 5-0 around 40% of the time, and handpicked gives 5-0 around 20%, the conclusion you reach is that ANY SOLUTION IS FINE and the overriding factor is timeliness: this week is better than next week; this month is vastly better than next month. I’m struggling to explain this on the forum there.

Bump. All topics on this now deleted/hidden. Sup yo?

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from fraac

[…]

Bump. All topics on this now deleted/hidden. Sup yo?

It’s been moved to the team area. I’m dreading that they are going to just keep it at a ranking instead of what we’re actually asking: skill-based matchmaking.
Easy and safe way: link players to ETF2L or UGC divisions.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

When they say ‘matchmaking’ without meaning team-balancing, what are they talking about? Dota-style matchmaking would require a much larger userbase. I got the impression only jayserp understood the problem facing users of the site. Very frustrating. Going to abandon them for tf2pickup before long.

Kaneco

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

Conflict of interests… lol, in a community this small and with sites with complete different target audiences… so sad…

Reminds me how my Comp.tf thread is locked on tf.tv for “spamming”.

Phnx

does anyone actually plays center for a serious match?
although pickup isn’t the most serious it is a much better alternative.
no doubt about that.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 33 Next »