Forum

ESA TF2 Cup #5 starting on Sunday, August 11 @ 21.00 CEST + ruleset poll

Created 5th August 2013 @ 18:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Snyyppis

RLM

You are trying to run weekly cups that can take a very long time (days?), with long breaks in between games, on a relatively new site that – to some extent – takes a pay-to-play approach? The community simply isn’t that big/active in order to achieve decent sign-up numbers that way.

Not to mention all the usual stuff like promotion (one vanilla post), possibility for poor games (everyone loves 5-0 rolls), summer (like anyone here goes out, right?), different setup to i49 (unlocks, na ruleset). Some teams just prefer an organized pcw to these cups…

Mayowa05

free
BuZzBuZz

I suggest using ESEA unlocks if you would prefer the cup to have unlocks, those unlocks are tested and are balanced so there will be no problems with that. Also maybe resort to the one day cup format as having to be available for 3 days in a row can be a bit inconvenient.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Snyyppis

The community simply isn’t that big/active in order to achieve decent sign-up numbers that way.

This community has over 300 active teams but you are right, it was never easy to motivate teams to sign up at other sites for cups, be it ESH or Excello.
Quoted from Snyyppis

Not to mention all the usual stuff like promotion (one vanilla post), possibility for poor games (everyone loves 5-0 rolls), summer (like anyone here goes out, right?), different setup to i49 (unlocks, na ruleset). Some teams just prefer an organized pcw to these cups…

What do you mean with promotion? I do not want to spam VTF2 so I do not publish more than 1 post per cup. Would you prefer more?
The 5-0 rolls should be taken care of for a bigger part with the skill tiers.
Summer and the rulesets are fair points, I might do something about the latter.

Quoted from Mayowa05

I suggest using ESEA unlocks if you would prefer the cup to have unlocks, those unlocks are tested and are balanced so there will be no problems with that. Also maybe resort to the one day cup format as having to be available for 3 days in a row can be a bit inconvenient.

The main criticism about the one day cups were that they started so early (which lies in the nature of one day cups. They either start early or end late). I changed that now, seeing it is off-season and there are no regular matches anymore except for national players and also gave some flexibility for the scheduling. You do not have to be available 3 days in a row, you have to be available on Sunday evening and Monday OR Tuesday and Wednesday OR Thursday.
I might just use ESEA unlocks next time, if that is what people prefer to try out.

Snyyppis

RLM

My main point was that its a bit optimistic trying to fill these cups every week. I commend you for the effort but its an etf2l centric community and getting esa popular is going to take a long time and a lot of low-signup cups.

And by promotion I meant that having a newspost on vanilla will not do the job, it will be buried quite fast by less than important stuff and I rarely scroll lower than a few posts back. To be honest I don’t see an easy way to promote, maybe negotiate a banner on tftv or vanilla, something visible…

GeaR

Epsilon

Please keep the unlocks, none of them change the metagame drastically and we should look forward to add them in the upcoming etf2l season.
I personally don’t like that the cup is now split over 3 days. The last sunday cup was perfect timewise imo.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I’m gonna definetely try and get a team together for the next one canfo, if you keep it at 21CEST or even 20/19CEST i can probably get a team to play in it, i might be late checking in as i work till 5 on sundays but yeah. If you keep the cup about that time you’ll have +1 more team :)

Mast

-=CFMC=-

Not that I haven taken part in any of the cups (My team isn’t that interested) but to me 1 cup every week seems a bit to much. 1 cup every 2 weeks or every month feels more reasonable

kalhó

MM
Nave

Aren’t default dates for the NC on sunday? Maybe that stopped some players (and their teams) from signing up. It stopped mine at least. I suggest you try to avoid that on the next cup.
As for unlocks, the NA whitelist is more than tested and proved, its a simple and easy solution if you want to try unlocks.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

If you’re going to introduce unlocks it’s retarded not to try and unify the rulesets across the pond. But I’d rather not do that because they allow some real shit, and imo the GRU is real shit too.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Agree with Sideshow. Copy the ESEA unlocks!

Following the yanks since 2012!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2