Forum

ESA Ozone Open Cup #2 on Sunday, July 14 @ 14.00 CEST

Created 11th July 2013 @ 16:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

The TF2: Ozone Open Cup #2 with 32 slots kicks off this Sunday, July 14th, at 14.00 CEST. The signups are open NOW, please do not forget to check in 1 hour before the tournament start (at 13.00 CEST). The times on the tournament page are in GMT by default and in your local time, when you are logged in.

The prize pool for this tournament is £100 (top 8 payout) and uses Premium payouts, which means you are only eligible to win a money prize, if you have an ESA Premium account. The prize pool is based on the number of Premium subscriptions and can be increased by simply buying a Premium subscription for yourself. If you do not have a Premium account, you can still compete for the Ozone Gaming Gear hardware, that is up to win for anyone, Premium or not.

This tournament is open for all teams. To improve the quality of the later matches and ensure a fair payout for the best teams, participants will be seeded based on their records in ESA and other competitions. Any matches you play in this tournament add to your team’s ranking. If you want to play in the skill based tournaments, that are most likely to kick off in August, you should definitely play in as many cups as you can to get an appropriate ranking.

ESA tournaments are using a check in system. Only teams that checked in will be added to the tournament bracket. The check-in starts on Sunday, July 14, at 13.00 CEST and lasts until 13.45 CEST, after which the brackets will be generated. If you miss this deadline, you can not play in the tournament. Only one member of the team has to check in the team.

Also, there will be a P2P Ultiduo cup with £4 buy-in and a potential prize pool of up to £256 on Monday evening.

On Wednesday, ESA is holding an 8 slot P2P tournament for 6v6 with £6 buy-in.

ESA takes no commission from P2P tournaments, 100% of the entry fees go back directly into the prize pool.

More info in the announcement over at ESA: https://esagamer.com/news/36/TF2-Prospect-for-Calendar-weeks-28-and-29

For questions, pop in at #esa on Quakenet or just ask in here.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Can it be an all unlocks cup?
The whitelist is dead. Long live the whitelist!

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

ESEA unlocks please

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

This one will still use the unlocks ruleset from ETF2L season 15 but for the next one I will gather some feedback from the top teams and possibly gradually allow more and more unlocks every week/2 weeks

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

It’s tomorrow, only 11 signups so far. CS:GO has more than us!

aura

Quoted from CanFo

It’s tomorrow, only 11 signups so far. CS:GO has more than us!

apparently people either don’t have money or they are afraid of losing it lol

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

You don’t need to invest money to just sign up and play

luzik

Suoli
moog

Why process_rc3 and not process_final?

Also finding the team invite was a pain in the ass. You should make the “1 new invites” thingy on the top-right menu be a button that takes you to the invites.

on http://www.esagamer.com/players the 1, 2, 3 etc. page buttons are not working.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

It will be process_final, I thought I already changed that :D

Pending invites are shown here: https://esagamer.com/dashboard/teams/join

Last edited by CanFo,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Last chance to sign up, do not forget to check in in 1 hour.

Signups are currently at 21 so it looks like the top teams will, again, get a bye for the first round.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Last chance to check in!
Go to the tournament page https://esagamer.com/tournaments/54 and click “Check in”

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

All our VODs in a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLayp9cpOkRhPhZIXQbEtfPUBr280V4uto

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

After three tournaments on a Sunday afternoon and a decreasing number of participants (yes, there are several reasons, e.g. playoffs, Nations Cups, etc), it is probably time to ask you for feedback how to make the weekly ESA cups a better experience for more people.

But first some updates: The ranked tournaments will kick off in August (and yes, the ranking should be fixed now) and starting next week, the ESA Anti-Cheat client will be available to use (it will become mandatory soon so please use it to report bugs!).
Also, I will throw some more unlocks into the mix. Feedback is gathered from the top teams and the exact list will be announced in a few days. The plan is to add 9 unlocks (one for each class) every 1 or 2 weeks.

Now I need some feedback from you, especially from the ones who were not playing.
The previous cups were all wrapped up within a day. The downside of this is that you have to start playing during the afternoon and, if you make it to the finals, you might have to play until midnight. My question is now: Would you rather prefer a setup with e.g. 2-3 matches per night and more than 1 match day (e.g. stretch it out over 2-3 week days) or is the current setup good enough?

I’d also like to know how you liked the ruleset. Did you run into problems? Did you manage to get used to it quickly?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Good overall impression, but I don’t see the value of the ruleset without a plugin to implement it, and swapping teams at halftime is needless. (We played half our games with etf2l configs because I forgot: no one minded and I was glad that the logs made sense).

Personally I’d be less keen to play the more experimental you get. Sunday all-day is fine. I would like to have more games against teams we can compete with. I didn’t play the last one because rounding up 5 guys in the morning to be drawn against a top seed isn’t inspiring.

bean

isaninja

We’re introducing skill tiers come Aug but you need a minimum number of games to be placed into any tier, don’t rely on wiggle room because you can show your ETF2L team profile to be placed if you haven’t been playing the games!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »