Forum

Kaidus' rollout workshop/tutorials

Created 21st June 2013 @ 22:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

kaidus

WiK?

Gonna happen tonight 23cest/22bst. I wrote 23.30/22.30 some places so I’ll probably start late in case anyone missed the correction. yolo

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Can you save a VOD and post it here?

kaidus

WiK?

http://www.twitch.tv/kaidus/c/2483076

xzr

good lad

deli

IKEA

Nice job kaidus,
How about using “net_fakelag” command to simulate a ping even on local server?

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from deli

Nice job kaidus,
How about using “net_fakelag” command to simulate a ping even on local server?

Why? If you want to practise, sure; but kaidus is just showing stuff. Also, everyone has a different ping so even with net_fakelag it would be impossible to cater everyone.

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Nice vid, good explanations about the how and why. I was always under the impression that the sticky placement for the final jump wasn’t really important (dropdown jump), so I’ll fiddle around with that a bit =)

As for the velocity you mentioned with the hopping and turning, I believe its the extra speed you get from strafing (its how you used to be able to gain the extra speed to bunnyhop in for example CSS). However, since TF2 doesn’t have a ‘jump’ penalty, meaning you are slower for a bit after the jump when you land, its not going to slow you down. Whether or not it is actually faster I do not know.

davemarsh

I checked out the vod, really enjoyed it appreciate your efforts man. I agree with what you say about the Demoman battle at start of mids, it’s a awesome aspect to tf2 fights imo also, and love to see it. Thanks again man.

kaidus

WiK?

Next episode will be this Saturday at 20cest focusing on gullywash. Send demos via twitch message as normal.

Also thanks for the comments, will have more confidence going into the next one.

Last edited by kaidus,

kaidus

WiK?

Goin in half an hour.

Good run, too bad twitch is aids.

Quoted from ash

[…]

Why? If you want to practise, sure; but kaidus is just showing stuff. Also, everyone has a different ping so even with net_fakelag it would be impossible to cater everyone.

Because Kaidus said you should play on war servers because practising with ping is good. But you can just use net_fakeping on a local server.

kaidus

WiK?

http://www.twitch.tv/kaidus/c/2533976

Episode 2, gullywash. Slightly different format (also twitch gayed me), but let me know what you think. It felt better to me, but only you guys know how useful the presentation is.

Also deli/fishyard raises a good point, I didn’t know of this command but it seems very useful for those that don’t have match servers available. I’ll mention it next time.

Edit:

I will try to keep the time consistent from now on. Expect the next one on snakewater & viaduct on Saturday 20th at 20cest.

Last edited by kaidus,

Kaneco

are you going to upload vods to youtube? would be also really cool, btw can I link this stuff on comp.tf?

kaidus

WiK?

Third one will be tonight. Might start slightly late due to some things coming up, but we’ll see.

Also feel free to link this stuff wherever you want kaneco!

Last edited by kaidus,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »