Forum

pickup.con-gaming.net

Created 15th May 2013 @ 15:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »

That’s one neat site, thanks Trath! Yeah if your browser doesn’t support websockets the pickup website won’t work.

According to this Pretty much every recent browser nowadays is supposed to support websockets… I guess they forgot to add it in a version of FF21 Beta. It works in FF21 (non beta).

tl;dr:
Check here if your web browser supports websockets. If it doesn’t you will need to upgrade your current browser or use a different one.
Note: Firefox 21 Beta is NOT the most recent version!

Last edited by Datenshi,

Crafz

Quoted from Datenshi

That’s one neat site, thanks Trath!

pfft, http://caniuse.com/#search=web%20sockets

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
pfft, http://caniuse.com/#search=web%20sockets

I did link pretty much the same site in my post above, but that doesn’t show all the different revisions and beta versions so it’s not as accurate. ;)

Crafz

Oh, lol, soz. I only clicked on the second link you posted. Also, personally i think beta users should Google first or not use beta versions. I mean, what’s the use, really. Also, on the can i use website, is a link to WebPlatform Docs and at the bottom there are referral links, the third one is also a websocket test. http://www.websocket.org/echo.html

Last edited by Crafz,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

#1 ‘beta’ firefox is just fine. You realize they have 3 more revisions that are published before it makes it to beta.
#2 All those website report I support web sockets
#3 I don’t mind enabling javascript on a site by site basis. If your site doesn’t function properly when I enable top level & your cdn websites I don’t want to be on your shit website. It also works wonders against all zero day exploits.
#4 I do have a firewall and it’s configured to see firefox as a webbrowser which may be blocking all non standard web browser traffic.

Ok I tried with all plugins disabled & firewall turned off. Still nothing (nothing defined as “If you do not see the chat/userlist/pickup check if your browser supports websockets here. If it doesn’t you will need to upgrade your browser or use a different one. ” )

Last edited by Casual,

Quoted from Casual

[…] If your site doesn’t function properly when I enable top level & your cdn websites I don’t want to be on your shit website.

With an attitude like that we don’t want you on our website.

All we can do to try to help people with problems is rely on the minimal information provide us, generalize a ton and hope they fit into that broad category and their problem is fixed. You can’t magically expect us to know exactly what your problem is down to the 1s and 0s.

Also, please. Neither me nor Shrike are experts in the website development field, we do it in our free time to learn. Do you expect a beta website to be working perfectly fine from day 1 onwards and every bug to be fixed instantly?

——————————–

Now, in case you’re actually still interested in trying to get the problem identified and fixed, I’d appreciate it if you tried accessing the website with a different browser. If you can’t access it with any of them then I’d assume your problem is similar to what shrike had when we switched to the default port from port 5000: his antivirus seemed to be blocking some parts of the website (not sure if it was the firewall part of the AV or not). If other websites work then I’d like to ask which beta version you’re using so I can install it on my VM and see if I get the same problem.

Last edited by Datenshi,

Rinta

I have IE 10 and the pickup website is just blinking mess :(
Says here http://jimbergman.net/websocket-web-browser-test/ that I support websockets.

Last edited by Rinta,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Datenshi

[…]
With an attitude like that we don’t want you on our website.

All we can do to try to help people with problems is rely on the minimal information provide us, generalize a ton and hope they fit into that broad category and their problem is fixed. You can’t magically expect us to know exactly what your problem is down to the 1s and 0s.

Also, please. Neither me nor Shrike are experts in the website development field, we do it in our free time to learn. Do you expect a beta website to be working perfectly fine from day 1 onwards and every bug to be fixed instantly?

——————————–

Now, in case you’re actually still interested in trying to get the problem identified and fixed, I’d appreciate it if you tried accessing the website with a different browser. If you can’t access it with any of them then I’d assume your problem is similar to what shrike had when we switched to the default port from port 5000: his antivirus seemed to be blocking some parts of the website (not sure if it was the firewall part of the AV or not). If other websites work then I’d like to ask which beta version you’re using so I can install it on my VM and see if I get the same problem.

Sorry that comment of shit websites wasn’t directed at you (although that’s my fault). It was directed at websites that rely on javascript from 20 or so others, all trackers trying to squeeze some money out of selling my privacy and their main stuff won’t work without it. Your site’s javascript organization is simple enough :)

I have no anti-virus (stupid things are more annoying than they solve, all the other stuff should be enough). I’ll try google chrome.

EDIT: Fuck steam guard, overlay browser works.

Last edited by Casual,

Quoted from Rinta

I have IE 10 and the pickup website is just blinking mess :(
Says here http://jimbergman.net/websocket-web-browser-test/ that I support websockets.

Good! …errr… I mean, I’ll look into it! :P

@casual
sorry for the misunderstanding then.

Looks like I’ll have to install firefox and find the problem.

Last edited by Datenshi,

Little update

*Made TF2 server now kicks people before a new pickup is started on the server.
*Fixed an outdated link to the match page in chat.
*Everyone can now access the ongoing pickup's match page.
*Made the ready-up sound louder.

Also, I have installed all 7 version of Firefox 21 Beta and all seven worked fine for me…
As for IE10, looks like it doesn’t like to play nicely with websockets, so unfortunately for now we won’t support it.

Last edited by Datenshi,

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

I was thinking that it is all just a draft, but since you are saying it should work… it’s not working for me on FF 21
That’s all I get when connecting http://awesomescreenshot.com/0411cev899
After sending a msg on chat it says I’m disconnecting and connecting again just a second later
Was checking on Opera, works there.

edit:
works on FF 20 and it must be some addon and/or browser setting since it also works on raw FF 21 on my virtual machine

edit: U have to disable noscript addon to make it work, whitelisting site is just not enough there might be some setting in the addon to fix it tho

Last edited by Mors Immortalis,

Quoted from Mors Immortalis

I was thinking that it is all just a draft, but since you are saying it should work… it’s not working for me on FF 21
That’s all I get when connecting http://awesomescreenshot.com/0411cev899
After sending a msg on chat it says I’m disconnecting and connecting again just a second later
Was checking on Opera, works there.

edit:
works on FF 20 and it must be some addon and/or browser setting since it also works on raw FF 21 on my virtual machine

edit: U have to disable noscript addon to make it work, whitelisting site is just not enough there might be some setting in the addon to fix it tho

Thanks for the info! Sadly I don’t think we can fix that on our end. It would however explain why any version of FF21 I tried was working fine for me.

Rinta

Quoted from Datenshi

As for IE10, looks like it doesn’t like to play nicely with websockets, so unfortunately for now we won’t support it.

At least it’s not blinking anymore :P Just loads the page and doesn’t work after that.

Quoted from Rinta

[…]

At least it’s not blinking anymore :P Just loads the page and doesn’t work after that.

Yeah, we fixed that much. But beyond that it’s IE being stupid, sorry :P

Rejfyl

I love this interface! It’s simply amazing <3

BTW. Are you planning on making "Web Pickup Steam Group" or sth?

Last edited by Rejfyl,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »