Forum

new InstaGib Server and dm_store_pro Server

Created 12th March 2009 @ 21:04

Add A Reply Pages: 1

mardur

GC

I just set up two public servers on a root machine, which we also use for Wars. Location is Germany.

InstaGib Public Server
62.75.214.214:27035
16 slots, with rockthevote
mapcycle:
ctf_ig_area_b2, ctf_ig_badlands2, ctf_ig_redshed, ctf_turbine, ctf_impact2, cp_badlands, tc_hydro, cp_gravelpit

Map downloads now use an external fast download server.

dm_store_pro Server
62.75.214.214:27075
24 slots, no crit, no spec
mapcycle: dm_store_pro
class restrictions: Demoman 1, Sniper 1, Soldier+Scout unlimited
weapon restrictions: no sandman

If you encounter any prooblems or have any suggestions about configs or maps (or mods), just post them here.

____13____

Great ideia, and I understand demo limit 1, but in the other hand, it sucks…
If someone wants to warm up as demo, he can’t, because the spot will be taken already, so they’ll have to go elsewhere…

Maybe demo limit 2, or even 3, and insta-ban to whoever stickie camps?

Norris

unlimited sandman on a dm server, priceless :>

aksu

I have to try that dm server since my favorite dm_store_pro server (multiplay) seems to have been infested with sandman spammers and class restrictions are off too.. :/

Someone just host TF2DM please! http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=779263

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

I find 24 man store to be far too spammy. I’d’ave preferred two 12-man dm_store_pros instead of one 24-man.

mardur

GC

@Norris: I am still searching for a good way to disable unlockables and Sandman definitely should be disabled.

@13: You know that I am fast at banning players ;), but you can only ban a demoman spamming the spawn, if you see him doing so or get a report somehow. And there are 2 spawn exits on dm_store_pro, which makes a single demoman ineffective at spamming both doors. Increasing the demoman limit is not a good idea, especially in conjunction with the request to reduce to 12 slots.

Maybe I can give you a reserved immune slot, so you can always switch to demoman?

TF2DM hm? I’ll think about it.

Update on map downloads: I set up a fast download server (downloading maps from a different webserver without speed limit), so this should not be a problem any more.

Update on Sandman: Sandman is now disabled, somehow. The server is replacing all sandmans with the regular bats every 5 seconds. So when you touch the resupply, you have the sandman for at most 5 seconds. I am still working on a better fix without running the script faster than every 5 seconds. (anyone knows if there is a sourcemod hook for touching the resupply?)

Add A Reply Pages: 1