TF2Pickup.net sponsored by SimRai.com

Created 12th December 2012 @ 00:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 84 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
Why?

There is a lot of overlap in skill and even in pickup2 there’s multiple pugs going on at the same time. It’s rare, but it happens.

irfx

EPA

Quoted from lexs

is the tf2lobby guy actually reachable?

He’s been inactive for more than a year.

Crafz

Quoted from Koeitje

There is a lot of overlap in skill and even in pickup2 there’s multiple pugs going on at the same time. It’s rare, but it happens.

I’m not talking about that. I’m just saying that there are not going to be different lobbies in one channel.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Crafz

[…]
I’m not talking about that. I’m just saying that there are not going to be different lobbies in one channel.

What the fuck do you mean?

kaidus

WiK?

I have no idea how reliable this information is, but I remember being told that the CSGO utilities are available for TF2 should the team choose to implement them – they just simply don’t want to/can’t be bothered/don’t see any $$$ in it.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from kaidus

I have no idea how reliable this information is, but I remember being told that the CSGO utilities are available for TF2 should the team choose to implement them – they just simply don’t want to/can’t be bothered/don’t see any $$$ in it.

Maybe the matchmaking should only be made available when the user is wearing a specific hat that doesn’t drop and is 1.99 @ the store.

Trath

I’d be glad to help out however I can, though keep in mind I am no master at programming, just know the basics and I basically google anything I need to find out how to do / if it is possible in the given language.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

It would be a lot quicker to just use tf2lobby or build some tools to deal with the things you don’t like in tf2lobby.
It’s a very complete product which has been used/tested a lot. It solves all the nasty bits of a system like this, like rconning servers.
Don’t underestimate the huge amount of work it would take to build something yourself, especially without experience coding.

Trath

Quoted from Arie

It solves all the nasty bits of a system like this, like rconning servers.
Don’t underestimate the huge amount of work it would take to build something yourself, especially without experience coding.

Obviously something like this would be a pretty big project to create something good and polished, but why do you pinpoint rconing? 5 sec google search got me to : http://www.phpclasses.org/package/4756-PHP-Manage-remote-game-servers-via-RCON-protocol.html

When I made a Java IRC bot a couple months ago, I used a Java rcon class, no need to get messy.

LikeThis

What happened to nightbox and his tf2 matchmaking?

Jarppa

Feacon

Someone at the UGC forums has been working on a lobby alternative, made with Python. If anyone has interest on developing a new web based pickup, I’d suggest helping with this one.

https://github.com/TronPaul/lobbypy

(http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/11mcr9/how_would_you_change_tf2lobby/c6nty17)

Last edited by Jarppa,

crouton

LEGO

Make it separate pickups by div and be hard on banning people who don’t play properly.

rge

I started programming this a longer time ago.
I wrote an irc bot with a “web-frontend”. So you could add from a webpage and from irc to the same pickup.
I’ve never finished this because of several reasons:
– not enough time due to the job
– there was no place / not enough activitiy for another pickup channel
– there was already TF2Lobby which does nearly exactly the same (without the irc part)
– had no real goal, made this more for learning stuff

It’s a lot of work but the programming is not too difficult tho. Can be done by anyone with a little experience and motivation. But I would use Java now instead of php for the irc part.

When I have some spare time I still love to play those pickups. I would appreciate any attemps to create a good pickup, the question is how active it will be.
But please don’t try to create the next-new-super-pickup. Try to talk to the other admins and make ONE big pickup which does not die the in the next 2 month.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Let’s look at the facts here.

We’ve had many and multiple irc pickup channels over the years. 1 is still active and it’s invite only.

We’ve had 1 web based pickup channel ever….still going strong, in fact probably stronger than ever.

That is all.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from LikeThis

What happened to nightbox and his tf2 matchmaking?

He “merged” it with the Pubcomp project, but that project died too.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 84 Next »