Forum

TF2Pickup.net sponsored by SimRai.com

Created 12th December 2012 @ 00:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 84 Next »

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from Crafz

It’s hard to go through with that rule. But if you are a total shitter who is holding everyone in the team down you should get a ban. How ever that has not happened yet.

Good, banning shitters should only happen if they dont try/ dont speak english/ take the piss

Kaneco

Quoted from Vlijm

Since when does it say […] My team is in div6, does that mean we arent allowed in by default? If yes: that doesnt make any sense. If no: remove it.

Honestly at least the way I see it is that pickups are for people that understand the basic mechanics of the game, you don’t need to be at prem superstar dm level to play pickups, hell, you can even have div6 dm, but if you understand how the game works and talk clearly in english then you should be good to go. I prefer a guy willing to learn with shit dm than a guy with div 2-3 dm that always dies on flanks or alone (due to no gamesense) and can’t call properly.

Serotone

#FreePat

Quoted from Vlijm

Since when does it say […] My team is in div6, does that mean we arent allowed in by default? If yes: that doesnt make any sense. If no: remove it.

It’s div 5 skill not ‘you have to be in a div 5 team’. I’d say 75% of people in div 6 would have no trouble at all in these pickups, I mean I managed to topfrag as soldier earlier and I’m a div 6 medic.

Besides I don’t know why you’re worried about not being good enough, based on my short and traumatic experience of playing your team.

atmo

Quoted from Crafz

If I remove that people will not notice the game starting and will not appear to the game.

Isn’t that the point of the “Pickup starting” voice clip?

AnimaL

Quoted from atmo

[…]

Isn’t that the point of the “Pickup starting” voice clip?

i still see “do you want to continue to steam:// link” so get ur browsers fixed, its fine as it is

its the same system lobby uses and nobody for some reason is whining about that?!?

Last edited by AnimaL,

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]its the same system lobby uses and nobody for some reason is whining about that?!?

I agree, I don’t understand the problem really unless you cannot tab out at all and in that case just change the authority so that it requests permissions again. It’s good as is, the audio cue is a good reminder to get ready. Also funny.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]i still see “do you want to continue to steam:// link” so get ur browsers fixed, its fine as it is

its the same system lobby uses and nobody for some reason is whining about that?!?

I thought the main point that someone mentioned was with mumble overlays etc. because if TF2 goes and launches itself before they launch mumble…

Lobby doesn’t have mumble so? And probably because here people probably feel they have a chance to shape how it works in the early stages; tf2lobby isn’t going to change.

I’m not entirely sure why it’s an issue though, when you can change the permission.

Swi

duplo

Bump!

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from Nymthae

[…]

If joining mumble for the overlay is the issue then perhaps making it so the info is provided prior to launching TF2. Could be that you’re informed of the mumble channel the next pug is going to be in so you can be there and just need to go red/blu depending on placement. Or it could be coding limits aside that the launch command is delayed until after the information page is displayed as the info is often provided after TF2 has laucnhed.

Vertex

En TÖÖRNS

So, it won’t let me log in. Which means, it asks me to sign in through steam again after I just did that.
It actually worked in the past, but some of the recent updates broke it for me.
Clearing cookies didn’t help.

I tried both firefox and chrome.

What could the issue be?

Crafz

Not sure, try to remove / from your name, when Trath made cookies he fucked this part up. Kudos to him for actually doing the cookie.

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Mumble_URL

Trath

Quoted from Vertex

So, it won’t let me log in. Which means, it asks me to sign in through steam again after I just did that.

What could the issue be?

I added you to steam friends please accept so we can fix this together

Kaneco

Quoted from dave

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Mumble_URL

That sounds great, hope it’s implemented soon. Will talk to crafz about it

Trath

Quoted from Vertex

What could the issue be?

Done.

Change log (21.02.13):
* Fixed a problem where players with special charecters in their nickname couldn’t log in.(by Trath)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 84 Next »