Forum

serveme.tf - free TF2 server reservations

Created 25th October 2012 @ 09:38

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 35 Next »

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Could you install SOAP on the servers? That’d make them even better!

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from BenBazinga

Could you install SOAP on the servers? That’d make them even better!

I can’t sorry, I deliberately only run the TFTrue plugin for performance and stability reasons.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Yesterday the FakkelBrigade server got DDoSed for two hours between 11:00 and 13:00CEST. I hope it was just an angry TF2Lobby player or something.

Despite that, the system hit the 10000 reservations mark yesterday :D A second server was added to the North American version and the first donation for the North American server was received.

quell

UbeR |

any chance you can limit the amount available for hosting tf2lobby games? ever since the russians discovered it there’s a continuous stream of awful lobbies hosted by people retarded by any national standard. 4 lobbies half full? let’s make another 2.

really annoying.

edit; or just exclude eastern europeans from using the service?

Last edited by quell,

george

Quoted from quell

any chance you can limit the amount available for hosting tf2lobby games?

+1

Last edited by george,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Easy way to stop then being used for lobbies is add an stv. Lobby thinks someone is conected and refuses to set up.

Jarppa

Feacon

Quoted from quell

any chance you can limit the amount available for hosting tf2lobby games?

TF2Lobby does some rcon commands when the player creates a lobby. If the rcon commands come from the tf2lobby’s server, servers can be identified if they are going to be used for tf2lobby.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from quell

any chance you can limit the amount available for hosting tf2lobby games? ever since the russians discovered it there’s a continuous stream of awful lobbies hosted by people retarded by any national standard. 4 lobbies half full? let’s make another 2.

really annoying.

edit; or just exclude eastern europeans from using the service?

I think using the system for TF2Lobby is a fine use case. Unfortunately I can’t limit the amount of servers in use by tf2lobby I think.

I just wish a larger percentage of the eastern europeans donated :( only 5 euros in total for the entire european reservation system.

SHIN

What about designating about 3 (eu/na) servers for tf2lobby? You could prevent too many open lobbies and the permanent occupation of the servers by scrubs wanting to play their favorite class.

Last edited by SHIN,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from SHIN

What about designating about 3 (eu/na) servers for tf2lobby? You could prevent too many open lobbies and the permanent occupation of the servers by scrubs wanting to play their favorite class.

I can’t easily keep track of how many serveme servers are in use for tf2lobby. The fact that a bunch of players insist of running multiple half empty lobbies is an unfortunate and unintended consequence of the system, but I don’t think it’s my problem to solve. I think it would be wiser if TF2Lobby implemented a limit per geographic region instead.

Monkeh

Add stv to percentage of servers? They can’t be used for lobby. Sorted.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Monkeh

Add stv to percentage of servers? They can’t be used for lobby. Sorted.

It’s a user configurable setting, I don’t want to force it per server. You’d just end up with a bunch of confused TF2Lobby users who can’t figure out why they sometimes can’t use a server.

If you’re worried the eastern europeans are going to take all the free servers, donate so you can use the donator-only servers.

Last edited by Arie,

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Arie

[…]

. I think it would be wiser if TF2Lobby implemented a limit per geographic region instead.

never gonna happen:P shame we’re stuck with this unfortunate consequence.

it might be nice to at least keep stv on and dont give them to option to turn it off, only let them manually turn it off.

Last edited by quell,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Maidos is now sponsoring a second server! :)

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

* Added ESA whitelist and configs to all servers, made it selectable when making a reservation
* Added a graph showing the last 50 days of reservations on the statistics page http://i.imgur.com/1ijNz9Y.png

Donations for this month are at an abysmal 10 euros :/ Meanwhile the amount of reservations in june is already higher than may (3894 vs 3757), with 6 days left to go.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 35 Next »