Forum

Angel's Corner - Ultiduo Cup #8 CANCELED :(

Created 3rd July 2012 @ 09:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 30 31

Angel

Quoted from Concrete

what about changing loadout to regain health? is that allowed by the rules?

Thanks for your question. Ultiduo admins never liked some things, such as:

1. Spam into respawn doors (it was strictly forbidden at the first Australian cups).

2. “Kill” bind.

3. HP recovery by change weapons or cosmetic items (e.g. hats).

But we can’t ban it. You may use all this tricks.

Angel

Quoted from Angel

My friends asked and I responded: Ultiduo Cup #8 for your pleasure.

Unfortunately we gathered only 10 teams and I decided to cancel cup.

I got an exciting new medal at least.

I’ll try to repeat this cup in future. Maybe.

winterz

(è_é)

Maybe only 10 signups, but quite interesting teams. Treat in as an invite cup.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Try again after the season is done, people can’t commit with nations cup and trying to build teams for S19.

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from winterz

Maybe only 10 signups, but quite interesting teams. Treat in as an invite cup.

Not really to be honest.

Angel

The main reason is lack of support from the ETF2L side. Ie small cups with dumb prizes such as mices are often published in the ETF2L news section. But none of my previous 7 cups. Maybe it’s some kind of boycott, but I’m actually not interested in the true reasons.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Did you ask for a news post?

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

Did you ask for a news post?

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

:(
was looking forward to this.

Spike Himself

TC

lol

Kaneco

Hey angel, Im really sorry you canceled the cup for insufficient signups.

But just to give my input and constructive criticism, I don’t think you’re promoting your cups very well, I only knew today about the existence of this cup, when I saw the Angel Corner topic on etf2l sidebar, I couldn’t find any other reference to this cup anywhere else…

I would love to join if I saw it earlier.

I think you should rethink how you promote your stuff… maybe create a new topic for each cup instead of posting in this thread? Much more noticeable and attracts more attention. Also post to teamfortresstv and maybe ask for a newspost on etf2l.
I go on teamfortresstv forums mainly and Im sure a lot of other european players do as well, so its normal a lot of people dont signup for what they dont even know exists.

Also maybe ask a few of the popular tf2 youtube channels to promote the cup? If I knew in advance and you contacted me I think I would have no problems doing a little promo video on comp.tf youtube channel.

Its really hidden this way, I seriously didnt even heard of this cup until today when it got canceled, let me know if you need any help in the future

Still, thanks for your support of competitive tf2.

Last edited by Kaneco,

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

Quoted from Kaneco

Hey angel, Im really sorry you canceled the cup for insufficient signups.

But just to give my input and constructive criticism, I don’t think you’re promoting your cups very well, I only knew today about the existence of this cup, when I saw the Angel Corner topic on etf2l sidebar, I couldn’t find any other reference to this cup anywhere else…

I would love to join if I saw it earlier.

I think you should rethink how you promote your stuff… maybe create a new topic for each cup instead of posting in this thread? Much more noticeable and attracts more attention. Also post to teamfortresstv and maybe ask for a newspost on etf2l.
I go on teamfortresstv forums mainly and Im sure a lot of other european players do as well, so its normal a lot of people dont signup for what they dont even know exists.

Also maybe ask a few of the popular tf2 youtube channels to promote the cup? If I knew in advance and you contacted me I think I would have no problems doing a little promo video on comp.tf youtube channel.

Its really hidden this way, I seriously didnt even heard of this cup until today when it got canceled, let me know if you need any help in the future

Still, thanks for your support of competitive tf2.

this exactly.

You can also contact us from TF2Pickup.net as we support Ultiduo/BBall as well and can do some promotion for cups!

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

i was so hyped for this cup and then it gets cancelled :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 30 31