Forum

Angel's Corner - Ultiduo Cup #8 CANCELED :(

Created 3rd July 2012 @ 09:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 31 Next »

GhostjAAH `

IDK
:>

QuickFix is soo much fun, and gives a lot new strategy, but tbh I don’t think, that it would be a good idea to let it use… the medic’s job would be easier, and the solly can saves the medic’s life too easily.
With CC, the medic is more usefull, and ( you could see ) the medic can saves his partner’s life and can get some kill with good aim.
MG is just too useless… too risky to use it instead of the whip.

Angel

Thanks for testing & I agree with you:

+ The Market Gardener (if it useless, no one will use it)
+ The Crusader’s Crossbow

Angel

Night test results:
+ The Quick-Fix
+ prize up to 800 euros

So it will be experimental Quick-Fix ultiduo cup (and not last of course).

Everyone I’ve played with/against disagrees with Quickfix.

Cook and I played with it vs Kalho and Sephiroph, and Cook got bored instantly. Spam is now useless due to the healing rate, aggressive medic is now useless due to the fact that you miss out on twice the amount of heals and it’s a bit boring just rocket jumping away with the medic all the time (even though it sounds hilarious on paper).

People seem more than willing to try the Crossbow, but the QF makes the medic pretty much useless – all they have to do is glue themselves to the soldier and they’re set.

cube

Quoted from Shintaz

Everyone I’ve played with/against disagrees with Quickfix.

Cook and I played with it vs Kalho and Sephiroph, and Cook got bored instantly. Spam is now useless due to the healing rate, aggressive medic is now useless due to the fact that you miss out on twice the amount of heals and it’s a bit boring just rocket jumping away with the medic all the time (even though it sounds hilarious on paper).

People seem more than willing to try the Crossbow, but the QF makes the medic pretty much useless – all they have to do is glue themselves to the soldier and they’re set.

same

MightyMe

UbeR |

I don’t think we should allow quickfix, sounds fun in theory, but doesn’t make the ultiduo as we know it much better. ( Read what Shintaz said )

Angel

This is an experimental cup. I don’t want to analyze games which seen yesterday as the teams didn’t give me permission to do so.

And we never know what is better before a try. ;)

AnimaL

i like it in a way that medic doesnt have to do anyhing other than heal, which in general is dumbed down gameplay of normal ultiduo

Angel

Quoted from AnimaL

i like it in a way that medic doesnt have to do anyhing other than heal, which in general is dumbed down gameplay of normal ultiduo

QF seems like very defenceble gun. QF ultiduo tactics is: build uber faster, and then jumps (both) to the enemy’s side. Two new tricks:
– rocket jumps and strafe (for medics)
– never don’t miss each others because uber heal regeneration stops

Enemies usually using “kill” bind immediately when normal uber comes. And I hear a lot of whining about it when ultiduo series was starts (“suicide? again?!”). QF gave new contr-tactics vs incoming uber:
– your duo can jump away and trying to build contr-uber.

In summary: normal uber = damage control, QF uber = damage control + position control. QF match comes faster and more interesting.

P.S. About your demo. I watched it twice. (Thanks!) Mike produced a much damage, but often had a bad position when he died.

AnimaL

Im not sure why would u wait for uber when u can just kill medic, as far as i saw using QF is “get as many spam rockets on medic as u can, then jump medic and hope ur medic stays alive, then get quick 1sec healing boost to 200hp if medic is up and wipe solly”

didnt find any uber strats cuz its almost like normal uber, there isnt enough dmg output from soldier to kill medic if he has 150hp

qf against normal is pointless as u can just w+m1 into qf combo and win since u have 300hp

playing normal is much more patience, getting good spam in then going for kill and hoping medic isnt there to finish u up… medic can change the fight much more than with qf

edit: me and mike both agreed that with qf you get more action – more fun for both soldier and spectator… but there is much less depth than normal ultiduo, because you have to focus on less things and mostly just shoot rockets

Last edited by AnimaL,

Angel

Quoted from Shintaz

Cook and I played with it vs Kalho and Sephiroph, and Cook got bored instantly.

Since nobody wants to play with The Quick-Fix I’ll not carry this cup. Thanks to all for the constructive feedback.

Leif

:(

sajtos

:(

GhostjAAH `

IDK
:>

nooo :'(

Angel

When I started ultiduo, I banned Equalizer. How many people spoke in those days: “Oh no, how we play without them”? But I was persistent. I had a time to explain to everyone my decision. And tell me who is playing with Equalizer now?

In this cup I planned to use something new, The Quick-Fix. I calculated timing and damage. But people write: “It’s boring”. Now I’ve no time for discussion and I’ll not be persistent. So those who are bored can make cups which will not be so bored.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 31 Next »