Forum

Angel's Corner - Ultiduo Cup #8 CANCELED :(

Created 3rd July 2012 @ 09:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 31 Next »

TheSucker

[d¿s]

Quoted from Califax

I think allowing the market gardener is really dumb if you wont allow the crossbow…

Crossbow is really good in ultidup, I’d even say it was overpowered before it got that insane reload change. Market gardener will make for hard but interesting plays. You will rarely see people either go for it or succeeding with it I reckon, while the crossbow would become a huge thing if allowed. Comparing the two unlocks like you did seems rather odd in my opinion.

Quoted from Monkeh

Straight upgrade for soldier giving 1 hit insta-kill on medic, sounds like a bad idea.

All soldiers with any kind of ultiduo experience plays with the whip, not with the shovel, simply because it’s better than the shovel, already an upgrade. However, I would definitely not say that the market gardener is a straight upgrade compared to the whip, so a somewhat misguided statement from your side I’d say.

Besides, a soldier goin’ for that one-hit kill on a medic, he’ll most likely die himself… that’s a trade most teams would be fine with. Only time it might not be a decent trade is when the medic has über and they’re simply trying to force/drop him… but then again, if you can start expecting such jumps, it’s quite easy to screw the jumper up with a couple of shotgun shots I reckon.

Overall I’d say yay to Market Gardener, because it can make for some clutch changes and interesting plays. It’s also far from easy to use effectively, so not one of those dumbed down unlocks that simply makes life easier!

Monkeh

.:ne:.

The whip does at least have a downside though, less damage. No random crits doesn’t even apply to the game, that’s why I said a straight upgrade. Yes it’s a skill shot, but 1 hit kill of medic for no downside seems bad.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Anyone claiming the MG is op is dumb, ita pretty hard to hit when people see it coming and even then you could just get a normal hit from it instead of the crit if you slightly mis time the swing. Its probably the most fun unlock i’ve seen in a long time and the hilarious plays that will result from it will be sick to watch :D

quick tip for how to counter it: run towards and under the soldier, its impossible for him to 180 in midair and hit you with it so you basically get a free kill.

Last edited by Enef,

Angel

Thanks TheSucker, Monkeh and Enef. Really thanks! It’s seems reasonable to allow both weapons (CC and MG) for counterbalance to each other. But both weapons have a bad props: CC – very quick heal rate (over 30 HP per second – see wiki), MG – too much damage for 1 hit (195 HP). So rules still unchanged: allowed unlocks – it’s only The Disciplinary Action, The Blutsauger and The Ubersaw.

Ultiduo KOTH Map: koth_ultiduo_r_b7.zip (4.7 MB)
Ultiduo Cup Config: angel_ultiduo.cfg
Ultiduo Cup Whitelist: angel_whitelist_ultiduo.txt

Our Ultiduo Server (see http://goo.gl/3syXX for details) have the actual configs loaded + 20 min time limit for idlers.

sajtos

Yeah, they could be interesting but as of now I think the rules should remain the same.we’ll however try both weapons out (oh and you ultiduo players, add me if you want to play :>)

Monkeh

CC can heal 150 health in the 0.2 seconds it takes for the crossbow to fly that far. We played a round or two in the hampshire heavies ultiduo tournament where the CC was allowed and it was a bit OP tbh.

There’s nothing wrong with ultiduo as it is, great game mode and perfectly balanced.

Hopefully be signing up whatever the final rules ‘cos ultiduo is great fun. Just waiting on my soldier to say yay or nay.

Angel

Quoted from sajtos

Yeah, they could be interesting but as of now I think the rules should remain the same.we’ll however try both weapons out (oh and you ultiduo players, add me if you want to play :>)

Please upload STV (will be better) or POV for analyze.

GhostjAAH `

IDK
:>

Quoted from sajtos

add me too :>

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Angel

CC – very quick heal rate (over 30 HP per second – see wiki)

That may be true but it’s only half the story…

Yes, the crossbow can give a quick burst of health IF the medic hits his mark, but it does not overheal, and does not build meter, so in my opinion you can not classify it as an upgrade in healing weapons.

It does however create an new dynamic to the medic play, where good medic’s can distinguish themselves with quick thinking and accuracy.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

imho the crossbow makes it “too easy” for the Medic to spam/kill “lowish” people (it does up to 75 damage) from the safety of the spawn, while waiting for their Soldier to respawn. With one of the Syringe Guns, he has to actually enage to get the kill.

Angel

Quoted from Califax

It does however create an new dynamic to the medic play…

Let’s take a look at the standard situation: yours opponents stay on the bridge and have the ubercharge ready. You trying to bombing medic, but enemy’s soldier protected it. HP after your attack: medic – 120 HP, soldier – 40 HP. If enemy’s medic using CC he can recharge soldier’s HP and get some overheal. Sorry but I can’t see more dynamic.

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Angel

Sorry but I can’t see more dynamic.

Well, it’s your cup offcourse, and i don’t claim to be an Ultiduo expert, so do whatever you want…

But i strongly believe the crossbow gives good medic’s an extra tool to outclass the bad medic’s, and makes ultiduo an actual 2v2, not a 1,5v1,5.

But maybe i am the 1%, i don’t know… Would like to hear more opinions about it.

GhostjAAH `

IDK
:>

Quoted from Califax

[…]

Well, it’s your cup offcourse, and i don’t claim to be an Ultiduo expert, so do whatever you want…

But i strongly believe the crossbow gives good medic’s an extra tool to outclass the bad medic’s, and makes ultiduo an actual 2v2, not a 1,5v1,5.

+1, with the crossbow, the medic will be more valuable + some new tricky moves , and the medic can change the whole game if the player can aim very well.

Angel

To attn all ultiduo participants

Ultiduo map will be changed soon. Top ammo pack will be removed.

Explanation:
– team on the bridge (top): +1 point for the high placement
– team near the CP (bottom): +1 point for the CP control, +1 point – ammo control, -1 point – low placement
Resources balance 1:1 as result.

kalhó

MM
Nave

Quoted from Califax

[…]

agreed

Israel vs Germany
Germany wins

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 31 Next »