Forum

TC looking for a web developer!

Created 19th December 2011 @ 12:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Spike Himself

TC

Howdy, good folks of ETF2L!

Team Colonslash is looking for a web developer to help us get our website sorted. We do already have the basics down for our existing website, but it’s nowhere near finished, mainly due to lack of time on my part.

For those of you who don’t know us (shame on you!); Team Colonslash is one of the larger TF2 communities in Europe. We currently house 5 6v6 teams and support 3 highlander teams (though these consist mainly of the same players as our 6v6 teams). Plenty of other teams freely use our mumble server as well.

Our website is built around Wordpress and we’re looking to develop a few custom plugins. I have a pretty good idea of what I want done and how, but I simply lack the time to commit to this. As such, we are looking for someone who:
– is competent with PHP/SQL
– has a good understanding of the Wordpress backend
– can work in a 2-man team

Basically I’ll be deciding what’s going to happen and how, but any knowledge and ideas you may bring in will definitely be considered. Initiative will be very much appreciated.

Some of the things we’d like to have include but are not limited to:
– group/team manager w/ pretty frontend
– forums w/ access rights per team
– competition backend for match results
– award section to archive the pixel trophies
..and some more.

We’re not currently in a position to offer money for this, but I think maybe we can arrange something else, like maybe a free server or something along those lines. Mainly though, we are looking for someone who is simply dedicated and would like a little project to add to his/her resume or portfolio. If you deliver good work perhaps I can recommend you to ETF2L as well, should you wish to help them out.

If you’re interested or have any questions, feel free to add me on steam so we can discuss the details steam://friends/add/76561198002551724

Stimpy

here is some advice, dont use wordpress. use joomla, has much better features. and there are some kick ass templates about ether free or v v v cheep.

http://www.joomla24.com/ is a good place to search for templates.

Would help further but have 2 on the go as it is.

Last edited by Stimpy,

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Stimpy

here is some advice, dont use wordpress. use joomla, has much better features.

Like what? O_O

Quoted from Stimpy

here is some advice, dont use wordpress. use joomla, has much better features. and there are some kick ass templates about ether free or v v v cheep.

http://www.joomla24.com/ is a good place to search for templates.

Would help further but have 2 on the go as it is.

this. wordpress is bullshit

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

did joomla improve on the Access Control at all? From memory you couldn’t be an editor for a certain part of the site, which made it unusable for us.

bean

isaninja

Quoted from slate

did joomla improve on the Access Control at all? From memory you couldn’t be an editor for a certain part of the site, which made it unusable for us.

As of 1.6 the implementation seems OK, although it is still playing catchup to Drupal in that respect.

davesan

epx^
Panda

if you want a decent clan cms (not webspell) use clansphere, the new infused site uses it!

http://www.csphere.eu/

good luck =)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Stimpy

here is some advice, dont use wordpress. use joomla

lol

Anyway, we have a coder now so we’re not looking anymore!

Add A Reply Pages: 1