Forum

The Renewed TF2 Mentor Project

Created 16th September 2011 @ 18:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

ThePledge

With all the YouTube, VanillaTF2 and Cadred content increasing, it’s time to recreate one of the oldest projects within the European TF2 Competitive community – the TF2 Mentor Project. Today, vitaL.Fish and myself relaunch one of the most popular projects that have existed in TF2 so far, with the goal of helping lower level teams figure out and solve their problems. With a lot of teams already asking Fish on a daily basis, we decided that it would be a good idea to organise all of the requests. In the future, I would like to start streaming sessions like these as well. That will not be within a week, but in about a month that should be set up.

At the moment, Fish and me will run the project together, but we might be looking for people to mentor as well in the near future. A mentor should be someone who has a broad understanding of every aspect of the game and every class within competitive TF2. We are looking to mentor teams mostly, and the occasional individual on the side. If you have any interest, please contact ThePledge or Vital`Fish in #tf2.mentor (quakenet).

Fish has a bit less time than I do, so he will focus more on group sessions going over specific maps or a specific aspect of competitive TF2. On the other side, I will take some teams under my belt to show them either the basics or the things needed to go from division 4 to division 2. Either way, we are both available to help teams during nights and during the weekends. We will schedule in a time that suits the mentor and the mentored when you get in touch with us for a session.
If you are one of those teams who likes to ask us for help (or one of us specifically), don’t hesitate to contact us through #tf2.mentor by leaving a message in the channel or PMing either of us. Alternatively, you can contact us through Steam by joining the steamgroup and leaving us a message.

Before you request a mentor, think of the following:
– If I want a team session, have I asked my team? If yes, what time is everyone available?
– If I want an individual session, do you have any specific questions? Also, what time is good for you?

So, to recap:
The TF2 mentor project launches now! Please request a session (individual or as a team) by contacting ThePledge or Vital`Fish in #tf2.mentor (quakenet) or through the steamgroup. We will host private sessions and groupsessions over the next couple of weeks and we will keep you all posted on what’s going to happen from there on out ^^

Thanks!

Patrick aka Pledge

Si^

T2P
[PG]

tis all about commitment looking at fish currently if that mentally maintains it will be a success. GL

Spike Himself

TC

Get Admirable in, saves him a day of writing.

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

*cough Admirable is ours *cough

Skyride

DUCS

Guys this is fucking awesome. Seriously. I can’t even express in words how brilliant this is for the scene. Everything that’s going on right now is fucking fantastic. So much material/help for new players, existing players, and an awesome new top end is starting to emerge, properly focussed community projects, and so on.

And Admirable is writing stuff again.

Long live TF2.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from Skyride

Everything that’s going on right now is fucking fantastic.

i completely agree. good luck Pledge!

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

awesome lads! tf2 is alive!

Fish

UCAP.

pledge has alot of great idea’s and is really commited to this. It will only be as good at people make it everyone in the top end of tf2 has the power to help.

could be something as simple as a stv uploaded with a commentary of your game. Sounds daft i guess but you could help people understand why you was standing here, doing this, pushing here.

TF2 is more alive and exciting than ever the sign ups to etf2l was awesome and is some great bits coming out everywhere that shows a real energy in the comunity atm.

But si is right it has to continue and not just die off so i for one will be putting the time i can afford into this between the other things i do. Pledge has some really cracking plans and i can tell you its exciting stuff if i was a newer player what he has in his mind to do could really of benifited me.

Kastos

REVERTO

Quoted from sno

*cough Admirable is ours *cough

+1 :P

Back on the topic… great idea. Was fan of the help Fish and Vital gaming profided and with Pledge the content brought out to the tf2-community should only get better. Good luck!

Sketch

MM

pledge is Belgian

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Awesome sauce, updated the NEW TO COMP… thread again with this phoenix-like awesome project.

Long live TF2, and all who sail in her.

randa

Good idea, thanks for dedicating your time guys :) I thought I’d be able to and I epic failed!

ThePledge

Quoted from Sketch

pledge is Belgian

I wish – their fries are way better than the Dutch ones…

Link!

Quoted from ThePledge

[…]

I wish – their fries are way better than the Dutch ones…

and so is our beer

Mordi

≧◡≦

Fish <3

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »