Forum

Wireplay Season 9

Created 18th August 2011 @ 22:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Vaskie

BulletClub

After what has been an awful long break for us we have opened signups for Wireplay’s 9th season of the 6v6 league. Clans need 6 members to be included. Please take note of the following changes to format and rules.

Prizes
There will be a tf2 server per div as usual, with playoffs deciding the winners.

Maps
2x badlands
2x granary
2x gullywash_pro
2x bazillion
2x snakewater
2x obscure_remake
2x freight

Unlocks
Vanilla + Med.

Class Limits
As Before a HW limit of 1

Fixtures
We continue to have a wildcard system and a strict default date policy, if you game does not get arranged in time you will be assigned a default date to play it on. If you cannot make that date you will then have to play a wildcard or default loss the game. This helped a lot last season in making teams play on time.

Mercs
The merc rule will remain the same where you are allowed one approved merc of same or lower skill per game. Any member not passed the 24hr signup rule will count as a merc.

Scoring
Bonus point system returns, 2 pts per win per map, 1 pt per tie per map, 1 pt per map divided over cap ratio. No golden caps.

Timeframe
• Thur 1st Sept – Signups Close
• Sat 3rd Sept – Provisional Divs Published
• Tue 6th Sept – Fixtures Generated
• Mon 12th Sept – Week 1 Start

Any problems or questions at all, admins are available on steam or in #wptf2l

Vaskie

BulletClub

Granary + Bazillion + Obscure Remake + Freight = Epicgasm

Really, all that’s missing is GravelPit :( WHYYYYYYYYY?

hans

No Turbine :(

dougiie

CotC

Freight… awh helllll naw!

and no Turbine

sad day.

Last edited by dougiie,

Vaskie

BulletClub

Quite strange, if i was to change anything i would take out Bazillion to put GravelPit and Freight to put Turbine. I personally hate Gullywash but you can’t really take that nowadays, but leaving out Turbine and Gravel Pit is quite difficult to understand as those are the truly rewarding maps for tactical teams, they are the ultimate test for team cohesiveness..

Dummy

bazillion. right.
bwehehe

ash

(Legend)
:D

Awesome! :D

Last edited by ash,

Will

I was happy until i saw bazillion and freight in the map pool

Link!

.:ne:.

how can you play in a league that has no gravel pit jesus

Enef

fest
#wubafan

An obscure version that noone will play vs you and bazillion thats largely disliked makes me sad :(

I’d say drop bazillion and leave it at that, too many maps imo.

Last edited by Enef,

Vaskie

BulletClub

In my opinion out Gravel Pit and Turbine Pro need to be on the league. Both great tactical maps, and thats the beauty of TF2, not all aim no brain. Whenever possible am gonna have a talk with B0nes about it, maybe i can put some sense into him :D Hopefully everyone else will do it too. I do love Freight and Bazillion (My team loves that map :D) but switching them for Gravel and Turbine is a bad move, but again thats my personal opinion.

Forsak3n

S

Swap the bazillion to gpit. ^^

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Seems like too many maps to me :/

-bazillion
+gravelpit / turbine

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

7 maps all 5cp maps + return ofthebonus point system? I can see why Gpit + Turbine weren’t included but honestly why fix what ain’t broke, last season league ran smoothly and was the most enjoyable season in WPTF2L for me out of the previous 4 I had particpated in because the map choices were simple and there was no bonus point system.

Now we’re seeing well liked maps such as turbine + Gpit benched for the sake of tried and tested maps which everyone agrees is boring like Freight, an experimental Obscure map (never really liked Obscure too much) and I would say largely unpopular Bazillion. I mean I could accept playing 1 of these maps but to pick any one of these 3 over Turbine_pro and Gravel Pit just so you can re-introduce the bonus point system (which didn’t work I should say) is frankly ridiculous.

You will see a lot less teams sign up because of these choices. I was always a supporter of Wireplay League but I doubt I can motivate my teams to practise for Bazillion, Freight and Obscure.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »