Forum

#pixeltf2.pickup

Created 8th February 2011 @ 18:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 24 Next »

I think we need more servers :D

Waebi

‹Con›

5 are way enough, never used more than 4 in the “old” channel really. 3 emtpy atm anyway.

Last edited by Waebi,

Skyride

DUCS

Hey guys. This was already mentioned in another thread, however I’ll clear it up here.

Unfortunately I am going to be closing Pixel Gaming. Considering #pixeltf2.pickup, this leaves us with a bit of a problem, in terms of servers. Realistically, I can only run 2 TF2 servers from my own personal server, However today in the channel we actually had 5 pickups running simultaneously at one point, Infact:

<skyride> !last24
<PixelMSGBot> There have been 52 pickups played in the last 24hrs
<skyride> !last7
<PixelMSGBot> There have been 195 pickups played in the last 7 days

However, as always, I’m simply astounded at how happy a lot of people in the TF2 community are to help out. Totally by chance, I was speaking to one of the main guys from Nervous Energy last night and Pixel Gaming closing came up as a topic of conversation. These guys being the total legends they are pretty much said “ye sure, we can get you servers”, and within 2 hours had me 2 servers set up, plus they should be able to get a third later this week. On top of that, we have SpikeHimself from Team Colonslash lending us a server from his personal dedi box, giving us the needed total of 5 servers we need to run the channel. :)

At the moment it looks like this:
#1: NervousENERGY #1 – .uk
#2: NervousENERGY #2 – .uk
#3: Team Colonslash #3 – .de
#4: Skyride #1 – .fr
#5: Skyride #2 – .fr

I cannot express in words how utterly astounded by the gratitude of this community. All of these people need a massive round of applause.

If you really want to thank them, I’d suggest checking out NE next time you need to get your own server, or making a donation to them to help pay for all the fantastic stuff they run. http://www.nervousenergy.co.uk/

In the meantime, I will be trying to get a sponsor for the channel so that we can ease the stress on these fantastic community members such that they can direct their resources elsewhere.

Cheers, Adam

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

thanks adam and all the guys helping out @ pixeltf2.pickup!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from wndrrrrrrrrrr

Was flushy playing in all 5

I WILL STAB YOUR DOG

huhystah

Quoted from wndrrrrrrrrrr

Was flushy playing in all 5

I think one of the advantages of having a website that is used for pickups etc (Nightbox, step away from the quote button) is the advertisement aspect. I know none of tge guys in the server wanted, but maybe you could do some adverts in MIRC eg repeating text adverts?

dauk

add !random so it would add to any class

you mean write it so that it adds you as medic unless both spots are already taken?

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Chaplain

I think one of the advantages of having a website that is used for pickups etc (Nightbox, step away from the quote button) is the advertisement aspect. I know none of tge guys in the server wanted, but maybe you could do some adverts in MIRC eg repeating text adverts?

ads are pure cancer.

I can also provide 2-3 DE or NL based servers but I do not have the time for managing the channel, pickups etc.

Just contact me at ronny@nice-servers, #nice-servers or Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/larasoft/

Cheers,

Ronny
nice-servers.com

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Banned for 2strong :(

ps. fun = banned from pixeltf2.pickup

Waebi

‹Con›

your ideas of fun obviously include the usage of every tactic and unlock you are in favor of banning in the other threads and trolling the shit out of admins and other players, and as such they sadly collide with the ideas of fun the others have. Cy@

why do i even bother.

Last edited by Waebi,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Waebi

your ideas of fun obviously include the usage of every tactic and unlock you are in favor of banning in the other threads and trolling the shit out of admins and other players, and as such they sadly collide with the ideas of fun the others have. Cy@

why do i even bother.

I’m in favor of vanilla+medlocks to make it simple. The weapons I would add are the gun-slinger and degreaser. Because they don’t throw off the balance and allow for different styles of play. I can’t help it people get mad when they lose to an engineer :S.

ps. winning = banned from pixeltf2.pickup

Last edited by Koeitje,

Edd

T2P

if you weren’t such a prick about it then maybe someone would care…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 24 Next »