Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Dummy

I predict div 6ers whining about pubbies as div 4ers did about div 6ers
then the pubbies will whine about the new to tf2 pub players
then those will whine about those not playing it
then we will all burn in an endless pit of fire

But then who is left to whine about the people in the endless pit of fire?

Questions questions questions.

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

But then who is left to whine about the people in the endless pit of fire?

Questions questions questions.

I am.

ups

Oh finally, a suitable pickup channel for me. Thank you Skyride!

flushy

P.O.P

a gd question was asked somewhere, whether this means entry standard to pixelpickup will be raised, i mean like the ppl who dont have mics or might just as well return their mic to the store are kicked :)))

AnimaL

mandatory comms for d6 in europe is funny business

Skyride

DUCS

To clarify, the rules won’t be changed regarding #pixeltf2.pickup, although we may be a little more harsh in terms of letting people in. But nope, this shouldn’t significantly affect #pixeltf2.pickup in any way.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Charging targe allowed?

Angel

What’s the differences between lobby and your new channel?

Cooler

4Queens

Quoted from Angel

There will be more higher div people offclass (newbies can learn form them) and mumble will be necessary, am i right?

nath

[Ω]

Quoted from Angel

Communication required; people will get banned for quiting/noshowing so it will be less of that hopefully; and like Cooler said, hopefully there will be more people from higher divs (very rare on lobby quite frankly) who offclass there. Maybe CaneD can find a place to topfrag with pyro.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from nath

Maybe CaneD can find a place to topfrag with pyro.

Just so we’re on the same page, its a place for the lower div’s to play and the higher div’s to play with less pressure, not a place for the higher div’s to treat like public.

nath

[Ω]

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Just so we’re on the same page, its a place for the lower div’s to play and the higher div’s to play with less pressure, not a place for the higher div’s to treat like public.

Yeah, I heard that from huhy as well, he said something about enforcing the main classes (2 sol, 2 sco….), is that true?

Waebi

‹Con›

there’d be no point in making it a pickup if you could just play engie like you can on a public or tf2lobby anyway. So yes, the class limits and stuff are all in.

torden

broder
syster

This honestly sounds like a bad idea. Your “business” plan was based on the market for pickup 1 and a half.

Now, you’re replicating pretty much exactly the pickup system that died. Don’t listen to the naggers and whiners. Naggers and whiners nagged and whined for AFS too. They got it and things were all superduper…until they started (then stopped) playing it.

Last edited by torden,

Chaos

SIX

I don’t know Torden. There’s lots of people in the lower divisions that can’t play in #pixeltf2.pickup that don’t want to play lobbies. I am also going to be openly helping people learn in this channel if they are new. That’s something that was missing in the old mpuk pickup system which I think is very important to newer players.

To most new players, moving from pub to 6v6 is very hard. While the lobby system is very good at what it does, it doesn’t really replicate the 6v6 most of us are used to.

I do see where your concerns are coming from, but I think it’s down to how it’s run and policed.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »