‹Con›

Quoted from SoniX

[…]

ITS NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE.

no bump is sufficient.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from jotbasan

As far as I get it this is the most active pu channel, right?
If so, ivt plz. jotbasan

you’re a bit of a mong, aren’t you?

Skyride

DUCS

Well I’m sure I’m going to get a lot of hate for this, but I’ve been chatting to the other admins and we’ve decided to clear out the channel a bit players wise.

Now I know this sounds familiar, but its really not. We’re not planning to kick more than half the channel, just the lower skill bracket of players in the channel (div6 and below) that are ruining the channel for the rest of the players. I won’t put a date/time on this, but it’ll likely be during the next couple of days.

Last edited by Skyride,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Good work. See if you can get the level to the old pug2 level. Prob not, cause that was mostly div1-div4-ish

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Skyride

Well I’m sure I’m going to get a lot of hate for this, but I’ve been chatting to the other admins and we’ve decided to clear out the channel a bit players wise.

Now I know this sounds familiar, but its really not. We’re not planning to kick more than half the channel, just the lower skill bracket of players in the channel (div6 and below) that are ruining the channel for the rest of the players. I won’t put a date/time on this, but it’ll likely be during the next couple of days.

Based on the team you are in currently or your skill/exp?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from lolage

[…]

My bet is on skill.

(people gonna get butt hurt)

rtan

-9w-

I guess it’ll just be trimmed to decent div6 players – div5 koeitheheheggfheheje.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from lolage

[…]

Well sort of, skill/experience etc. A lot of it will come down to current teams though ye.

I’ve already had a couple of people PM me, so I’ll clarify. We’re not just going to kick everyone in div6, we’re going to kick everyone we feel shouldn’t be in the channel. There’s currently about 715 players on the invite list, and I’d hazard a guess we’re looking at about 100-150 invites being revoked, although it could easily be more or less than that, we’ll just see.

edit: ye pretty much what r7an said.

edit2: Also, since someone just PM’d me asking, the number of pickups you have played will have absolutely zero bearing on whether you get kicked.

Last edited by Skyride,

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Skyride

[…]
edit2: Also, since someone just PM’d me asking, the number of pickups you have played will have absolutely zero bearing on whether you get kicked.

Ok cool, this is also good to hear as I haven’t been able to play recently due to my iRC not working.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Well sort of, skill/experience etc. A lot of it will come down to current teams though ye.

Considering there is alot of desire for PUG’s, have you considered making a 2nd one (seeing as pixel pickup is running pretty smoothly now) for people that do not fit in the current one based on their skill/experience?

If there is enough demand for it that is? And if people in there get too good for the general level in there you can always move them over to the current one. Afterall playing with people close to your own skill level will give people more experience than constantly getting smacked.

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Considering there is alot of desire for PUG’s, have you considered making a 2nd one (seeing as pixel pickup is running pretty smoothly now) for people that do not fit in the current one based on their skill/experience?

If there is enough demand for it that is? And if people in there get too good for the general level in there you can always move them over to the current one. Afterall playing with people close to your own skill level will give people more experience than constantly getting smacked.

I’d support the creation of a lower-skill level pickup, as I have a few friends who want to get into comp tf2, but the only real tasters they can get is the odd mix and lobbies. Ofc, you aren’t made of money.

jotbasan

KZ

Quoted from octochris

[…]

you’re a bit of a mong, aren’t you?

Ha…
Thanks to you…NOT, I realised I don’t belong here.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Chaplain

Ofc, you aren’t made of money.

Thats not really an issue, its pretty rare for even 2 servers to be in use at the same time, let alone 3. I only have a 4th as a total contingency, From 823 pickups played, theres only been 2 on server 4 (and both times were due to people sitting afk on other servers after a pickup). Infact setting up a lower bracket pickup chan would simply be a case of changing like, 5 lines of code in the bot and finding people to admin it.

The real reason I don’t want to setup a lower bracket pickup is that simply, you won’t get better by playing people of your own skill level. Pickups are a bad way to introduce people to competitive TF2 frankly. You really need to show them the ropes by mixing with them. I remember Byte saying something along the lines of this when I originally started the chan, like people becoming “pickup skilled” as opposed to skilled, and being an ex-regular on the old pu2 I know exactly what he means.

Quite simply, I don’t think its a good idea as it:
A) Fragments the community too much and
B) Doesn’t really teach people how to play 6v6 properly.

tl;dr: I’m not doing it because I think its a bad idea, not because I can’t.

Last edited by Skyride,

hal

blah

Might be bad for the community as a whole as long as there is no alternative for those you kick out. I get that a lot of d1 to top d3 players can get frustrated with lower players but tbh they could just as easily get a mix going if they don’t want to be faced with that.

It think it’s just a bit hypocritical if you push to segregate the community and the next day cry that there are less and less good clans/players emerging and that there is a growing skill gap.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t enforce a certain level of skill and commitment but I think it would be nice to tell the ppl you kick what they should be doing instead and how they could get back in later.

hal

blah

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

You really need to show them the ropes by mixing with them.

Alright, but that shifts the problem to: who is willing to mix with d6 nobodies then if nobody bothers to help those players in pickups?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 29 Next »