k^m

qq.qq.qq.qq.qq.qq.qq.qq.qq

dougiie

CotC

add to pickup
add to tf2mm

1st to begin……

dauk

its funny because I think that tf2mm won’t even be released, or even if it will be then night has so many haters and with his basic ( I believe he uses php since it almsot doesn’t require any strict modeling ) the site will get taken in hours.

Cure

LSD//
Lohysi

TF2 is serious buisness

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from dauk

its funny because I think that tf2mm won’t even be released, or even if it will be then night has so many haters and with his basic ( I believe he uses php since it almsot doesn’t require any strict modeling ) the site will get taken in hours.

really don’t think there’s any need for u to post this particular opinion, it makes you look like more of a retard… let’s not judge mm before its even been released?

WildCard

Quoted from Skyride

I should point out that I started work on Pixel Pickup AFTER Nightbox had announced he was doing tf2mm, before he’d even started learning how to program. In that time, the channel has ran over 1,400 pickups, died of inactivity, and been revived by popular demand.

I’m not against tf2mm, I think that IRC Pickups are still a better system, but I don’t see tf2mm as a bad thing. I’ve actually been one of the main people trying to help Nightbox with it and encouraging him, even if tf2mm falls flat on its face, he’s learnt some pretty useful skills and got some great experience.

On the other hand, I was pretty pissed off when he came to me with this earlier. I didn’t want to post it in anger and actually waited for a while to cool off, but I still think its worth posting: http://pastebin.com/hrQgSXdR

I don’t like causing drama, but everytime I give you an inch Nightbox, you take a fucking mile.

Hello Skyride, meet F2.

:) I still remember when someone was stealing (for want of a better word )all the commands from pickup2 when they originally created pixel, not to mention the recent article on vanilla with all the ” great new community ideas” like temp invite etc and toher stuff.

Which pickup2 has already been using,

Just thought I’d throw that one in there :D

Waster

Its kinda funny that nightbox is asking skyride for the goal of pixelpickup. It already works anyway. Nightbox should have a goal for tf2mm to attract some people and to justify the time and energy he is putting in it.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from WildCard

[…]

Hello Skyride, meet F2.

:) I still remember when someone was stealing (for want of a better word )all the commands from pickup2 when they originally created pixel, not to mention the recent article on vanilla with all the ” great new community ideas” like temp invite etc and toher stuff.

F2’s bot is better though.

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from WildCard

Hello Skyride, meet F2.

:) I still remember when someone was stealing

the whole point is that mpuk1 is dead and 2 is not accessible for most players. If you call copying the IDEA stealing, then i dare you ever to sleep in a bed again cause surely someone must have invented the BED and only HIS beds are true and worthy.

get a clue plz.

Last edited by Waebi,

Waster

Mpuktf2 is better. You see directly what a hassle with custom maps it is on pixelpickup. But that one is active and moderated at least.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from WildCard

I don’t really understand what the problem is here.

When illii originally kicked up a fuss about it, I went and spoke to F2 about the whole thing. I was kind of worried that he felt frustrated about it but didn’t want to say it to my face, so I just went to straighten things out. Infact, despite this being a day later, not only had not even read the thread in question, he infact was not even remotely as bothered about it as some people had led me to believe. The impression I got was that he didn’t really mind as long I wasn’t claiming to have invented all of these things that I had apparently “stole”.

I wrote my own bot for 2 reasons:
1) I seriously doubted that F2 would ever let me use his bot (which I later found out wasn’t the case)
2) It just sounded like an interesting challenge, and I don’t regret it in the slightest.

If it makes you feel better, you are welcome to kick me from #mpuktf2.pickup2 (I honestly can’t even remember the last time I played a game there, not that I’m suggesting anything about the channel), but the bottom line is you are getting pissed off about a non-issue to someone that doesn’t really care about your opinion on behalf of someone who isn’t really that bothered anyway.

I genuinely wish people would stop trying to “knock my epenis down a peg” or something like that in regards to pixel pickup. I’ve got plenty of humility as a person and I’m happy to give credit where it due, and any novelty I had for running the channel is long gone. I’m just pretty chuffed that something I’ve put a huge amount of effort into is going far better than I’d ever have expected.

Quoted from Waster

Mpuktf2 is better. You see directly what a hassle with custom maps it is on pixelpickup. But that one is active and moderated at least.

That’s more to do with the fact that the map pool pretty much never gets changed.

Quoted from Koeitje

F2’s bot is better though.

Depending on what you’re judging it by, I’m not going to disagree with that. :P

Last edited by Skyride,

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

looking for one more designer to finish the admin panel

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

bump ^