January 2, 2013
Season 14 powered by Twitch!
Here we go, ladies and gentlemen, it’s this time in the year. We’re proud to announce that the signups for Season 14 powered by Twitch are now officially open! If you are interested in competing against other teams in a quest for glory, head on to the Competitions page in your Team Admin menu.
Season 14 map pool, schedule and unlock rules can be found on the Hub page. Please note that the Playoff schedule announced in an earlier post planned with 4 weeks for the Playoffs. Only 3 weeks are needed though. The Playoffs run from March 17 – April 6, not April 13.
Sign up process
Make sure to choose your desired division when signing up. If you created a new team or feel you can jump a division, feel free to apply for the division you believe you deserve you should be in. To prove you are capable of the division you applied for, we require you to submit screenshots of results from your recent practice matches or tournaments where you scored decent results against teams that play on the level you aim for. The quantity is not the most important factor in this case, it’s more of a helpful measure for us to figure out if your team will be able to keep up with the pace. There is no magical, minimum or maximum number of screenshots that you have to submit.
Please note that the success of your request also strongly depends on the free slots in the division you aim for. Established teams will be favoured over new teams or teams that request to jump a division. The screenshots have to be uploaded to an online image storage service (for example, you can use imgur or Dropbox). Keep in mind that if you opt for a zipped archives with tons of pictures attached to an email, your application will be ignored. Keep it clean.
If you are applying for Division 6 (which is our entry division), you do not have to provide any proof that you are capable of playing at that level. This only applies to Division 5 or higher.
Please send your application to email@example.com. The division assignment request has to include the following information in order to be considered. Incomplete applications will be ignored!
- Do not use HTML in your eMail. If you want to add a link, just paste the link in the eMail as you would enter it in your browser.
- Team name
- Team link on ETF2L.org
- Division you apply for
- Link to the online photo album
- Reasons why your team deserves to be placed in the division you applied for (optional)
Based on the feedback from Season 13, we’ve made several changes to the 6v6 Season ruleset and implemented additional rules for the Premiership division. We hope these changes will improve the experience both for teams playing in the League and for viewers following Premiership matches.
Global rule changes
- Extensions have been removed. – If one of the teams cannot play within the week, they must use a Wildcard.
- Wildcards now add two weeks to the match deadline – There is no longer any difference between using a wildcard early or late in the week, as long as it used at least 15 minutes before the scheduled date for the match. New default dates for wildcarded matches will always be set on the next week’s Friday (Exception: Wildcards used during week 7 will receive a new default date on week 7′s Friday)
- Wildcards may now be used in Week 7 – Using a Wildcard in Week 7 will extend your match deadline up until the end of the Catch-up week. Wildcards will be disabled once the Catch-up week begins.
- Loser’s pick system in tiebreakers and playoffs – higher seed picks the first map, loser of first map picks second map, loser of second map picks tiebreaker. If neither team has the higher seed, the winner of the Heavy fist fight chooses the first map.
Premiership rule changes
1.10.3 Stricter late warnings
Supplements rule 1.9
Late matches in Premiership result in major warnings for both teams.
1.10.4 Matches must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance
Teams must set or change the scheduled date for their match at least 24 hours in advance. Setting a scheduled date less than 24 hours in advance or rescheduling with less than 24 hours left before the match date will result in a minor warning for both teams.
1.10.5 Results must be submitted within 24 hours of the scheduled date
Any Premiership match without a submitted result 24 hours after its scheduled date or the week’s deadline (whichever comes sooner) will be considered a late match.
If you have any questions about Season 14 powered by Twitch, feel free to ask in the comments or contact admins via the Support page. If you are new to ETF2L or competitive TF2, we recommend checking out the Newcomer Guide and FAQ as well.